At9 Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
do you have more than 4 recievers/tuners? if not, you dont need the 6x8, the 3lnb or at9 has a built in switch for 4 outputs, so it should say 4x4 on ur setup screen, if you have more than that u need a 6x8 and it should say that.

RIRWIN1983 said:
are installers suposed to replace the multiswitch in installs of 5 or more recievers with the new 6x8 ka/ku one?

the questions that no one seems to know is should the ka/ku filter be installed on the back of my h20's and will the h20's actually recognize the slot , as of now when doing dish setup it states failed to recognize?

stevesmall said:
the questions that no one seems to know is should the ka/ku filter be installed on the back of my h20's and will the h20's actually recognize the slot , as of now when doing dish setup it states failed to recognize?

yes

stevesmall said:

YES AND IT HAS BEEN ANSWERED NUMERIOUS TIMES, YET NO ONE WILL ANSWER/FIX MY ISSUE!

I would directly call the installation company and have them fix the problem. I got my AT-9 on Saturday and the installer had 3 of the wide-band 6x8 switches and he only had one install. He says he gets a 6x8 switch for every dish he gets. It would think if this is the way D* is doing this, the company would have a surplus of 6x8's.

directvfreak said:
I would directly call the installation company and have them fix the problem. I got my AT-9 on Saturday and the installer had 3 of the wide-band 6x8 switches and he only had one install. He says he gets a 6x8 switch for every dish he gets. It would think if this is the way D* is doing this, the company would have a surplus of 6x8's.

i did and was told that d* did not include that on the workorder, so it was not needed (when i know outherwise) and that what i have now is fine ( the funny thing is that the installer never looked at the swtch i had downstairs. so what do i do, call retention?

dragon002 said:
irwin,

exactly what do you want to know.?

if the installer should of changed out the 6x8 switch from the old one i ad with the phase 3 one rated 900-2150, to the new wideband 250-2150 6x8. and if so, why wont bluegrass (the hsp who installed it) or directv fix it afterwards now, and keep telling me that i dont need it when, directv's own job aid for this dish say it is required.

RIRWIN1983 said:
YES AND IT HAS BEEN ANSWERED NUMERIOUS TIMES, YET NO ONE WILL ANSWER/FIX MY ISSUE!
im sorry i missed the issue you refer to but if the caps are the normal way you type i apoligize but if they were your way of screaming , BITE ME
as i have now gone back and looked at your post it was answered immediaitely following your post, so yes the switch should have been included but if you are not watching high def locals it is not going to make a difference to you right now but will when the hd locals come into play, as for why directv didnt install ask them againas mine was installed for free although i do have hd locals

Last edited:
Magnus MacGregor said:
So if I only have one H20 in the house, do I need a 6x8 or what? What should it say on the setup screen where it asks what type of switcher you have?
you will need the switch to work if you want your local in hi def, your other boxes if they are mpeg2 will not carry high def local

stevesmall said:
im sorry i missed the issue you refer to but if the caps are the normi apoligize but if they were your way of screaming , BITE ME

A little of both, since no one on here has yet answered my qurstion, then i have folks like you that come in and hijack my post. further preventing from me getting an answer

Call 1-800-824-9081 (the number for retention) and talk to someone they will defiantly get you the switch. When i got my dish upgrade they offered it to me for $50 but i saw you (RIRWIN1983) got it for free so I told them that and they gave it to me for free. Now you can do the same as I did, tell them I got the switch with my install and demand that you get one!

directvfreak said:
Call 1-800-824-9081 (the number for retention) and talk to someone they will defiantly get you the switch. When i got my dish upgrade they offered it to me for $50 but i saw you (RIRWIN1983) got it for free so I told them that and they gave it to me for free. Now you can do the same as I did, tell them I got the switch with my install and demand that you get one!

how did you word it, did you mention this form, or say my "neighbor,friend, ect.." got it this way .....

I told them another guy in columbus (i beleive your in columbus) got the upgrade. I would say, another guy in columbus got the multi-switch with his install. I would also mention it was the same install company (bluegrass sat). I had to call twice though but at least, it's a direct line through.

Matt

Last edited:
stevesmall said:
you will need the switch to work if you want your local in hi def, your other boxes if they are mpeg2 will not carry high def local

steve, if this guy has a H-20 and two d-11s , HE DOES NOT need the switch.

RIRWIN1983 said:
A little of both, since no one on here has yet answered my qurstion, then i have folks like you that come in and hijack my post. further preventing from me getting an answer

irwin, why do you want the switch so badly? your mpeg4s are NOT active, you can get the 103, SO? do you feel snubbed? i dont understand why you want to be a beta tester. id keep the phase 3 as long as i could.

and dude im directv all the way.

dragon002 said:
irwin, why do you want the switch so badly? your mpeg4s are NOT active, you can get the 103, SO? do you feel snubbed? i dont understand why you want to be a beta tester. id keep the phase 3 as long as i could.

and dude im directv all the way.

yes i do like beta testng, im a beta tester fr msn, aol, and microsoft, and a few outhers and would love to be one for directv if they have such a program, my gripe is that i did not get a complete/proper install. maybe i should become a qa person for directv. lol

irwin,

if you have fewer or equal to 4 total TUNERS, the multiswitch is irrelevent. if you have 5 or more tuners, it should have been installed.

you still arent getting MPEG4

dragon002 said:
irwin,

if you have fewer or equal to 4 total TUNERS, the multiswitch is irrelevent. if you have 5 or more tuners, it should have been installed.

you still arent getting MPEG4

i have 5, the installer dident even come inside and look at the switch or realised i had 5 outlets, regardless he is fixing it tuesday(tomorrow)

then you need the switch. WHEN the 99 lights up, until then it is irrelevant.

are you getting all the channels you are supposed to get at this time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts