Pryor earns MVP

heisman27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2007
Chicago
Sorry Jimbo, but you have TP all wrong. His problem is just the opposite, he's trying to please everyone. He can't tell anyone, "no." I've met him a couple of times at some of the camps. He's all class. When he publically states that he was ready to commit on signing day, but wants to honor his (estranged) father's wishes by visiting PSU, that should tell you all you need to know. He has now said he isn't taking any more visits. Interestingly, he never took that visit to PSU, but low and behold, guess where he went for his only visit during this period? Heck, he even sent Posey up to Philly to pick up his player of the year award last week. It's all over but the shouting. I would guess by your comments that you don't follow recruiting in general. If that's the case, I will give you a historical reference that TP's recruitment is identical to that of Vidal Hazelton's. I don't want to spoil TP's fun, but I do have a bit of inside information on this one--warm up the buses!

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Sorry Jimbo, but you have TP all wrong. His problem is just the opposite, he's trying to please everyone. He can't tell anyone, "no." I've met him a couple of times at some of the camps. He's all class. When he publically states that he was ready to commit on signing day, but wants to honor his (estranged) father's wishes by visiting PSU, that should tell you all you need to know. He has now said he isn't taking any more visits. Interestingly, he never took that visit to PSU, but low and behold, guess where he went for his only visit during this period? Heck, he even sent Posey up to Philly to pick up his player of the year award last week. It's all over but the shouting. I would guess by your comments that you don't follow recruiting in general. If that's the case, I will give you a historical reference that TP's recruitment is identical to that of Vidal Hazelton's. I don't want to spoil TP's fun, but I do have a bit of inside information on this one--warm up the buses!

First off: Who is Vidal Hazelton?
Second: You have inside information, yet you won't stick your neck out with the college name? Sorry, ain't buying that one, until you go on record with the pick, even then, since it's public record that he has narrowed it down to 2 schools (OSU, Penn St.) you still have a 50% chance of being right.
Third: I'll stand by what I went on record with a while back, he's going to Ohio State. If it weren't for his dad this would have been a done deal a long time ago.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
[/B]

Third: I'll stand by what I went on record with a while back, he's going to Ohio State. If it weren't for his dad this would have been a done deal a long time ago.

Paul,
After reading an AP article this morning.
I think the whole ordeal was to make it able for him to finish the current Basketball season, they won the finals yesterday, now he will move on to his Football choices.
It said he would make a choice within the week. :)

Hopefully what heisman27 has said is true that he is a classy guy and NOT a ME guy .... From what I have seen from him is that he is a classy guy, but with the desiding to wait long after the rest of the guys it made him out to be a selfish person.

I too think he will go to OSU, it really surprised me when he ruled M and Oregon out so early.

Jimbo

heisman27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2007
Chicago
At the risk of spoiling the press conference, and in outing my relationships within the football program, guess who has already faxed in their LOI? ;) :)

P6220151.jpg

P6220149.jpg

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
Paul,
After reading an AP article this morning.
I think the whole ordeal was to make it able for him to finish the current Basketball season, they won the finals yesterday, now he will move on to his Football choices.
It said he would make a choice within the week. :)

Hopefully what heisman27 has said is true that he is a classy guy and NOT a ME guy .... From what I have seen from him is that he is a classy guy, but with the desiding to wait long after the rest of the guys it made him out to be a selfish person.

I too think he will go to OSU, it really surprised me when he ruled M and Oregon out so early.

Jimbo

The Jayhawks are the first WPIAL school to win a football and Basketball championship in the same year.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Nice find there riffjim. Still looks like OSU to me.

Paul,
Thats the first time I'd heard that UM was still in the mix, so there's still a possibility, but I like you think he's leaning towards OSU.

I'm not sure why he didn't come out around Signing Day and say "I'm going to wait till after my basketball season is over with before desiding"
That would have made a whole lot more sense instead opf the general public thinking he was just being selfish and wanting the attention to himself.

Had he said something like this, no one would feel that way about him and they would understand his waiting.

Jimbo

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Quote from heisman27:
At the risk of spoiling the press conference, and in outing my relationships within the football program, guess who has already faxed in their LOI?

I too (a Penn State guy here) am fairly certain that OSU is the decision. But, I have to take issue with Heisman's post. I am very friendly with the people here at OSU that are in the office that deals with this. There has been no, and let me be clear on this, there has been no letter of intent faxed, mailed or otherwise received by the staff. Nice try Heisman, but sorry, nothing personal but no one with this knowledge would in fact jeopardize their standing by making the statement. So, though I am right with you on the choice by Pryor, you are not spoiling anything, just making an educated guess. No one is holding this information, it in fact can not be withheld within the structures of the receiving office.

heisman27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2007
Chicago
His LOI has been faxed, and it's sitting in the WHAC right now. The reason you don't know about it is because it is not being made official out of respect for TP, until he makes it official. TP will be in Columbus on Good Friday to meet with the staff after announcing tomorrow or Thursday. Just an FYI, Penn State has never been a player for TP. His father is actually a Pitt fan, and they used him as a smokescreen to get him through the basketball playoffs in PA without being heckled by the PSU fans.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I heard earlier today that it was down to 2 as we all knew, but it was OSU and U of M ....

Later today I heard that Prior will be making his choice tommorow, I did not hear a time , at the time.

Jimbo

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Well...that's not encourging. I still don't understand why he wouldn't want to start as a freshman at Michigan, uncommon and wonderful opportunity.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Well...that's not encourging. I still don't understand why he wouldn't want to start as a freshman at Michigan, uncommon and wonderful opportunity.

I thought that too, seeing they will be running an offense designed for his abilities.

Now that I understand about the delay in choosing due to his basketball, I can understand his delay much better, but he could have said that during the National Signing Day fiasco.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)