PS3 Question: Downloading...

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Just wondering, when I am downloading demos/trailers from the Playstation Store, can I do anything else? Seems to be locked on the download.

Any ideas?
-John

I almost picked up a PS3 60GB yesterday (cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market), but by the time I tossed in two games Resistance: Fall of Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, a 2nd controller, and a Blu-ray remote the total came to more than $830 with tax. Yikes!

Anyway, I can get my hands on a library of used PS2 games from a guy at work real cheap. Can I assume most of these games will run just fine on a PS3?

maybe, although there are problems if you like driving games and want to use a USB wheel controller with the PS3... may not work very well (at least for now)...

I almost picked up a PS3 60GB yesterday (cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market), but by the time I tossed in two games Resistance: Fall of Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, a 2nd controller, and a Blu-ray remote the total came to more than $830 with tax. Yikes!

Anyway, I can get my hands on a library of used PS2 games from a guy at work real cheap. Can I assume most of these games will run just fine on a PS3?

Yes it's close to 99% backwards compatibility. You can look for each PS2 game and its status on the PS3 here: http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)