PS4 Owners Thread

Kotaku brings up a rather valid point that the PS+ Cloud Syncing system sort of sucks when compared to what Xbox One users have. The biggest thing is that the PS+ Cloud backup has a freaking 1 GB limit on total backups. That's ridiculous. I actually ran into this myself a few days ago when I was trying to upload a Youtube video and I saw in my uploads list that my Godzilla cloud backup had failed. I kept telling it to retry but it just kept failing. I had to look more closely to see that it was because my cloud storage was used up. And I'm someone that hasn't/doesn't play a lot of PS4 games, so if you're not currently experiencing this you are bound to hit it in the future unless Sony fixes this. I highly suggest you all look at your cloud storage and remove what you don't need ASAP. Nothing worse than losing a HDD and then finding out you lost all your progress because it was never backed up.

http://kotaku.com/the-ps4s-cloud-save-system-is-inadequate-1720892737

I just stopped relying on it, feels half baked. If you are going to have that limit you need good tools to manage it, not throw an error and leave it at that.

Don't play enough games on it to care. Games like my Madden CFM are online.

The most insulting parts are A: Lack of Warning and B: NO indicator of used/free space. I just ended up deleting a bunch of save files of games I knew I was never going to play again. And some of them are arbitrarily large.

I only have 1 PS4 and 1 Xbox One so cloud saves aren't something I use on a regular basis. The only time I have ever needed to retrieve my saves from the cloud was when I swapped out my PS4's standard 500GB drive to a 1TB drive a couple weeks after I first got the console. It is nice to know that if my console or hard drive ever need to be replaced I won't lose all my progress but it's more of a catastrophic backup plan for me than anything else.

I remember being a little frustrated that I couldn't just download all my saves back to the new drive. I had to do it manually, one save at a time. The other issue is that it just flat out won't let you download a save for a game that isn't currently installed on your PS4. This meant I had to download and install games I was basically done with just so I could retrieve the save file and then delete the installed game again so it wasn't taking up space on my drive.

I also ran up against the 1GB limit within a month or two of owning the console. To be fair to Sony here, I found out that my NBA 2K14 save was about 900MB for some ungodly reason. I deleted that save from the cloud and have been fine ever since. I'm sure it's expensive to provide unlimited storage but it's not like users are uploading their pictures and home movies. This is strictly for save files. If Steam and Xbox Live are both able to provide unlimited cloud saves Sony should too.

The seamless way Xbox One handles this is without a doubt a better system. If I didn't know the cloud system was there I would have no indication that it's actually doing anything. It handles everything in the background with no input required on my part.

A few months ago a friend of mine brought over his WWE 2K15 Xbox One disc and a couple controllers. He logged into his live account and his saves were already active when we booted up the game for some local multiplayer. There was no downloading message or anything. It was all seamless and you never would have known we weren't playing on his console.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07...aign=Blogroll&abthid=55ba3b24fece138024000009

Looks like Sony is thinking about adding a voting component to the PS Plus process. In theory this is a good idea but you obviously don't get to just vote for any game you want. According to the article they will pick 3 games. The one that gets the most votes will be free the following month and the other two will be discounted.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/ps-plus-new-vote-to-play-feature-leaks-prematurely?utm_source=IGN hub page&utm_medium=IGN (front page)&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=55ba3b24fece138024000009

Looks like Sony is thinking about adding a voting component to the PS Plus process. In theory this is a good idea but you obviously don't get to just vote for any game you want. According to the article they will pick 3 games. The one that gets the most votes will be free the following month and the other two will be discounted.

Ahhh, the illusion of choice. Kind of like most political campaigns. :p

Reactions: lakebum431
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/ps-plus-new-vote-to-play-feature-leaks-prematurely?utm_source=IGN hub page&utm_medium=IGN (front page)&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=55ba3b24fece138024000009

So basically they just copied the buyers choice system that Steam had in past sales where 3 games would be up for choice and the winner would get the biggest discount, but in this case one is for free while the others are just discounted.

Now that I think about it I'm not sure I like this new plan. Now when people vote for something besides the game I wanted I'll actually know how close it was to being free.

They're adding it starting next month, or rather, you vote this month and a user choice will be done for next month.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...ins-thursday-help-decide-next-ps-plus-lineup/

I'll be voting for Grow Home. Not big on strategy games and I don't need another Zombie game.

They're adding it starting next month, or rather, you vote this month and a user choice will be done for next month.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...ins-thursday-help-decide-next-ps-plus-lineup/

I'll be voting for Grow Home. Not big on strategy games and I don't need another Zombie game.

It will probably be Armello for me. I do like strategy games and this one has a "very positive" rating from its early access period on Steam. The art style looks great too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290340/

That being said, Grow Home might have been my choice if I didn't already own it on PC. I grabbed it on sale for $4. I did like it quite a bit for what it was though. It would be a good choice as a PS Plus game for those who haven't already played it. If you want to read my post on my thoughts from this game from back in March you can do that here.

Grow Home for me as well. I don't have the time or patience for the learning curve a strategy board game would entail for me (though I wish I did). And I don't care for brawlers, though I would be surprised if Zombie Vikings didn't win -- it seems like it would have the most mass appeal for voters.

EDIT: I stand corrected. The overwhelming sentiment in the blog comments is in favor of Grow Home, but perhaps that's due in part to the fact that more people are familiar with it (even I've heard of it).

Nice! The controller looks cool too. The downside of always being an early adopter is that all my consoles are the original plain ones.
Yes but let's not forget the limited edition Star Wars themed Xbox 360 console..
eVnKDjY.jpg

Still, I do like that the PS4 bundle includes a bunch of games.

Yeah, the R2 D2 360 is probably the coolest limited edition console ever released. I'm not a fan of the gold C3PO controller though.

I might grab the Vader controller even though I obviously won't have the console to go with it. I've been thinking about buying a second controller anyways so I may as well get a special one.

The Uncharted Collection has a new trailer

More info here, including new game modes

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...than-drake-collection-story-trailer-revealed/

Most the scenes in that trailer are from Uncharted 3, which concerns me that the "re-mastering" didn't do much to enhance Uncharted 1 graphically (i.e., put it on par with U2 and U3, though it already looked pretty amazing for its time). Though perhaps the reason for the U3 focus in the trailer was the decidedly different appearance of Elena in that game compared to U1 and U2.

None of the new modes particularly interest me, especially Brutal Mode, as I would be hard pressed to complete any of the games on even Survivor again at this point. And if I remember correctly, U2 and U3 already had an easier than Easy mode if I'm looking to play through again just for the story and visuals.

Well keep in mind this isn't exactly a remastering where the game is rebuilt from scratch. They basically just gave it better textures and put it at 60 FPS. The developer Bluepoint basically just ports/remasters games, most notably being responsible for doing the God of War collection, which arguably kicked off this whole "Remastering" craze that we've seen in recent years. And we all know that 3 looked a lot better than 1, so it would make sense they'd show that game off the most. Still, I got it in my queue and I am looking forward to finally beating all the games (I only played 2 all the way to the end, lost interest in 1, and rage quit 3.)

Facepalm thread

VR and AR on Facebook

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)