Purchasing Dish Network Receivers

grover432

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I'd like to purchase a 722 with a satellite dish for self installation. Can someone tell me which major US retailers stock them?

Thanks,

grover

Used to be Sears and Radio Shack (and Costco), but I can find no reference to Dish on Sears.com and only two OOS SD receivers on Radioshack.com.

Sears only carries, it they still do the SD equipment, but they really sell the service now and not the hardware.

There AREN'T any major retailers that I know of who are still selling Dish Network hardware. As suggested, there are on-line retailers who do sell plenty of them, or you could try your luck at Ebay where they are available at substantially lower prices.

Oder from Dishstore.net, install your receiver, get decent signal quality from the satellites and then call Claude @ Dishstore.net, within 15 minutes after calling him, you'll be watching TV and be dazzled on how easy that was, otherwise you can deal with a Dish Network CSR directly and sometimes it can be a little challenging, so that's why you call Claude instead.

That was my experience, anyhow.

If you buy a receiver do you still have to pay the extra $5/7. If so, I guess I'll stick with leasing as it costs the same and I can upgrade.

Oder from Dishstore.net, install your receiver, get decent signal quality from the satellites and then call Claude @ Dishstore.net, within 15 minutes after calling him, you'll be watching TV and be dazzled on how easy that was, otherwise you can deal with a Dish Network CSR directly and sometimes it can be a little challenging, so that's why you call Claude instead.

That was my experience, anyhow.

Can Claude take my CC information address and unit ID's and set up an account and subscribe the box?

Look for a local dealer and make something work with them.

If you're not eligible for service from DISH Network because you're not in the United States, try a service that serves your country.

Look for a local dealer and make something work with them.

If you're not eligible for service from DISH Network because you're not in the United States, try a service that serves your country.

I'd rather not. The ones that are out there are not reliable. I'd prefer to use my US address to get the receiver and then "export" the receiver myself and then have the supplier set up my account for me.

With a US address and US "ship to" for the equipment, there shouldn't be a problem, should there??

grover

Are you going to run to every site and cry because you cant get dish network in Canada?

I'm not sure why I'm responding to your rude post, but here goes. I'm not crying, I'm just seeking information. If you don't have anything to add other than a rude comment, maybe you should refrain from posting and while you are at it, read the forum rules. You just got here; why bother abusing someone??

If you want service from an US company, move back to the US. If you want to stay in Canada, then get a company that legally services Canada.

I should add that Sears On-line and Wal Mart On-line does sell the TVPal DVR. While not a Dish Network satellite box, it is the only Echostar DVR available through major retailers.

If you buy a receiver do you still have to pay the extra $5/7. If so, I guess I'll stick with leasing as it costs the same and I can upgrade.

So are there any advantages to using my old receivers or a dvr (522, I think) that my cousin gave me last week when she moved into a cable area. I'm presently off Dish (for about a yr) after being a customer since their startup but thinking about starting up again.

So are there any advantages to using my old receivers or a dvr (522, I think) that my cousin gave me last week when she moved into a cable area.
Only if you can't get enough "free" receivers to serve all of your televisions. If you've been away for a year, you might be a "born again" customer and eligible for new customer promotions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)