Question about the Price Increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That money was put into a seperate account when the first verdict was announce 3 or 4 years ago.

I don't think people understand that the increases every year aren't just tied into programming, but cover all aspects of the business (new satellites, employees, programming, R&D, etc)
Analog cable in my area is now up to $56 per month.$63 just for the Digital cable. = Choice Xtra / But a little more then ToP 200 ,But less then Top 250 as far as content. So satellite is still less $$$

New to the board here guys, but a long time (11yrs.) Dish sub. Recently I was thinking of upgrading package & equipment and just wanted to see if I have my pricing correct. Currently I have top200 plus one additional receiver (both older units) I'm paying 49.99/mth. Ok, now I am looking at the DVR Advantage 200 (49.99) plus adding the Silver HD for 10.00 and of course the additional receiver fee of 7.00 for a total of app. 67.00. The equipment I want is the 722 plus a 211 for the second rec. As long as I keep the phone lines to both receivers am I correct that the total would be around 67.00/mth.? There would be no additional 'fees' that I'm missing??

Also, if I read the price increase correctly, this total should jump another 10.00 in Feb, to where I'd be at 77.00/mth.?

New to the board here guys, but a long time (11yrs.) Dish sub. Recently I was thinking of upgrading package & equipment and just wanted to see if I have my pricing correct. Currently I have top200 plus one additional receiver (both older units) I'm paying 49.99/mth. Ok, now I am looking at the DVR Advantage 200 (49.99) plus adding the Silver HD for 10.00 and of course the additional receiver fee of 7.00 for a total of app. 67.00. The equipment I want is the 722 plus a 211 for the second rec. As long as I keep the phone lines to both receivers am I correct that the total would be around 67.00/mth.? There would be no additional 'fees' that I'm missing??

Also, if I read the price increase correctly, this total should jump another 10.00 in Feb, to where I'd be at 77.00/mth.?

I think the DVR Adv AT200 goes up $8. The other fees would be the same. I don't think a phone line is required for the 211. There is also talk that he first dual tuner receiver may be eliminated from the connection requirement as well in February. You can also use broadband internet connection in place of a phone connection.

I think the DVR Adv AT200 goes up $8. The other fees would be the same. I don't think a phone line is required for the 211. There is also talk that he first dual tuner receiver may be eliminated from the connection requirement as well in February. You can also use broadband internet connection in place of a phone connection.

Thanks Laddyboy, 8.00 is a 'little' better, lol. I seemed to remember reading in the fine print on Dish site that ALL receivers had to be connected, but I could have been mistaken. Would be nice if all that was in fact eliminated ... seems like a stupid fee to begin with :rolleyes: Right now I've got older equip. (4000/4900) and they don't nick me for having either hooked up to a line.

Thanks Laddyboy, 8.00 is a 'little' better, lol. I seemed to remember reading in the fine print on Dish site that ALL receivers had to be connected, but I could have been mistaken. Would be nice if all that was in fact eliminated ... seems like a stupid fee to begin with :rolleyes: Right now I've got older equip. (4000/4900) and they don't nick me for having either hooked up to a line.

I think the requirement with $5 penalty has always been for dual tuner receivers.
Here's a link:

DISH Network - Customer Service - 1.888.825.2557

Scroll down and look under: Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee

According to CEO rep ...

I just got off the phone with a CEO rep that called me to try to 'satisfy' a problem I had inquired about. To my surprise he was very courteous and took care of the situation.

While on the phone I asked him about the official word on the new pricing in Feb. and he confirmed that everything I had read so far on this site was correct! Good job to all you guys that had dug this info out early!!

The package I'm looking to go with is the DVR Avantage 200 (which will soon be 57.99/mth) along with adding HD Silver (10.00 add on) and I will have to pay for (1) additional HD 211 rec. (7.00). Total of 74.99 mth. No additional 'hidden' fees ....... supposedly;)

The one thing I found interesting, however, was when I asked about if the fee on a dual tuner DVR (for not being hooked up to a phone line) was going to be dropped and he said 'no' it would still be in place and they were only going to re-word it on the bill to try to make it more clear to customers. Humph, we'll have to wait and see on that one I guess.

Last year I had service installed on Jan. 21 and my bill went up in Feb. I was not told there would be a price increase and I did not know a company could raise the price while you're under contract. I initially got service with a standard reciever, no DVR because I did not want to pay the added DVR fee. With the price increase and the new DVR advantage packages there was not much price difference between having a DVR and not having one. Considering I had DISH for such a short time I called and asked if I could switch to DVR Adv. I was told by the 2 or 3 reps I spoke to that I would have to pay $100 for a tech to come out and swap out the reciever for a DVR. I explained that I just had my service installed and had I known about the price and package changes I would've gotten a DVR upfront. I thought my request was reasonable, I wasn't asking for a price adjustment but it did not matter, the reps did not seem to care, and I was fuming :mad:, Well thanks to this site I found out about the CEO dept. and emailed them. I got a response back pretty quickly and they agreed that I could switch to DVR adv for NO charge and they sent a tech out pretty quickly. When the tech came I told him of my dilemma with DISH and he was pretty appalled.

So yes, unless anything has changed (and it sounds like it has not) expect a price increase on your second bill. I agree that it seems like really poor business practice to raise rates on new customers, there should be some kind of grace period in my opinion.

Existing customers don't get a grace period, so why should you? If you bought a gallon of milk on Tuesday for $4 and you went back a week later and it was $4.50, would you demand that they sell it to you for $4 since they didn't inform you a week earlier that the price would go up? Think before you speak!

Existing customers don't get a grace period, so why should you? If you bought a gallon of milk on Tuesday for $4 and you went back a week later and it was $4.50, would you demand that they sell it to you for $4 since they didn't inform you a week earlier that the price would go up? Think before you speak!
Are you under contract to buy the milk from that supplier? If I commit to a two year contract I don't think its unreasonable to expect a price commitment from Dish.

Read the fine print on the contract......the finer the print is; the more important the information is, and it should be carefully be reviewed before signing.

Personally, I'm grandfathered for yearly service, which I paid a few days, ago. I paid at the January 2008 rate for twelve months, with one free month. The price increased on February 1, 2008. Next January, I will pay the OLD 2009 rate for 2010.

Charlie is slick.......I'm sure that the contract is well written in his favor.

Are you under contract to buy the milk from that supplier? If I commit to a two year contract I don't think its unreasonable to expect a price commitment from Dish.

Might want to take a peak at that contract you committed to! In plain english it states that pricing and progamming can be changed at any time, and by signing that contract, you committed to accept that!

Might want to take a peak at that contract you committed to! In plain english it states that pricing and progamming can be changed at any time, and by signing that contract, you committed to accept that!

So it comes down then to when you signed up, did Dish give you that commitment ... if not ... then it is fair game for Dish to increase your costs a day after you sign up ... unfortunate yes ... but fair? ... Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)