QUESTION ON DISTANT LOCALS

Will have to let you know once I get with them. Thanks again.

Does the dish 500 that was (and still is?) pointed at 110/119 have a single integrated LNB with two "eyes" (a twin), or does it have two separate LNBs? The separate LNBs are confusingly called "duals", because they have two outputs. There was also a version called a "single", with only one output, but those aren't very useful IMHO and I'm not sure they are made any more. Anyhow, either a single or dual should work when connected to your 1000.4 input jack, but not a twin. IIRC. ;)

I had distant networks from AAD for many years. I recently upgraded to the Hopper and the installer put in EA dish; i had in the order that I needed to keep the 119 sat in order to continue to keep my distant networks. The installers came out for 3 days and could not get 119 as part of the install even though the 119 dish and lnb is still up. Anyone else run into this problem? I have the EA sat 77, 72.7 and 61.5. Seems like including 119 should be attainable. Before I upgraded, I had four sats which had worked great for many years; 119, 110, 727, and 61.5. Any advice would be appreciated.

Do you even need 77? I have 61.5/72/119/118 with no problem. (119 specifically for AAD)

You should have no problem, assuming you can see the sats, to get 61/72 and 119 and even 110 if you wanted. (Or 118)

Thank you all for the advice. Dish refused to help me get 119 connected to the EA that was put up when I upgraded to the Hopper system. Told me that it was not technically possible to have a119 wing dish (which is already on my roof) connected to the Eastern Arc 77/61.5/72 arrangement. They were nastier to me than I can ever remember any company I have dealt with in my 58 years. I have been a customer since 1999 and have never been late on a payment. Don't really understand. I pay AAD yearly so I lost about $200. The"supervisor" with Dish told me that this was my problem not their problem and that I needed to hire a local retailer to do the work if I wanted it. It hurt that I received that kind of response - I have AT&T UVerse as my ISP - they will buy out the contract with Dish and provide their IPTV service if I want to make a change. Really hate to but I feel like I have been slapped in the face. Thanks again so much.

Very sorry to hear that. Have you contacted a DIRT member here to be sure you get the correct answer? Actually it may be true that DISH won't install equipment without it being related to programming from DISH. I already had the WA before there was an EA (Subscriber almost since their inception) so it was no problem keeping 119 and the EA as far as the installer. When I wanted 118 to get EuroNews (and some other programming) DISH did install it for a very reasonable price, so I think it revolves around getting equipment installed related to DISH programming.

If the general tenor of applicable posts here is any indication, you will regret any move to Uverse.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If the general tenor of applicable posts here is any indication, you will regret any move to Uverse.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

navychop i appreciate the advice. my experience with Dish had been extremely satisfactory until this incident. I don't want to change providers and will try to work every angle I can to get a resolution. It just left me perplexed with the lack of respect for me as a customer ( or that is my perception).

Thank you all for the advice. Dish refused to help me get 119 connected to the EA that was put up when I upgraded to the Hopper system. Told me that it was not technically possible to have a119 wing dish (which is already on my roof) connected to the Eastern Arc 77/61.5/72 arrangement. They were nastier to me than I can ever remember any company I have dealt with in my 58 years. I have been a customer since 1999 and have never been late on a payment. Don't really understand. I pay AAD yearly so I lost about $200. The"supervisor" with Dish told me that this was my problem not their problem and that I needed to hire a local retailer to do the work if I wanted it. It hurt that I received that kind of response - I have AT&T UVerse as my ISP - they will buy out the contract with Dish and provide their IPTV service if I want to make a change. Really hate to but I feel like I have been slapped in the face. Thanks again so much.

Really hate to hear they treated you like that.As suggested earlier either contact dirt...or try dish loyalty..888 683 6074 both have been very helpful,and best of all very nice,each time we have contacted them.

navychop i appreciate the advice. my experience with Dish had been extremely satisfactory until this incident. I don't want to change providers and will try to work every angle I can to get a resolution. It just left me perplexed with the lack of respect for me as a customer ( or that is my perception).

Agreed. But we never know what happened at the other end of the line.

One night, my wife and I finally got around to trying this Italian restaurant. The staff was very subdued. Service was marginal, but nobody was rude. Food really wasn't that good. Next day, we learned the owners decided to close down, and the staff had apparently just been informed the night we ate there, their last night open.

I worked with my local installer to add a wing dish. I have the western arc and get Distant networks. I had a wing dish installed for 61.5 to get HD locals. So adding a 119 wing dish to you eastern arc should be no problem, technically.

I worked with my local installer to add a wing dish. I have the western arc and get Distant networks. I had a wing dish installed for 61.5 to get HD locals. So adding a 119 wing dish to you eastern arc should be no problem, technically.

odbrv - do you know what the technical part of it involved? I talked with a local retailer who has been in this area for a long time and he was not clear on what would have to be done to make it work. is it a matter of a switch modification? just curious if you knew and that would help me. again, i had 2 hws and 1 joey installed. thanks for any advice.

odbrv - do you know what the technical part of it involved? I talked with a local retailer who has been in this area for a long time and he was not clear on what would have to be done to make it work. is it a matter of a switch modification? just curious if you knew and that would help me. again, i had 2 hws and 1 joey installed. thanks for any advice.

I have a 1000.4 EA with a 119 wing dish so I can get my locals through Dish, it's entirely possible to have that EA with a 119 wing.

You need to set up and point the 119 wing dish (should be a DP Dual LNBF) and run the cable to the 1000.4. Then you connect the cable from the wing dish to the "IN" port on the LNBF. Run a check switch on your receiver and you'll be good.

I have no idea what you need to do for the AAD stuff, but this will get your receiver to see all 4 of those satellites.

If your EA dish is a 1000.2 (only 61.5 & 72.7) then you need a 44 switch (as there is no "IN" on that LNBF), but from what I read it sounds like you have a 1000.4.

I have a 1000.4 EA with a 119 wing dish so I can get my locals through Dish, it's entirely possible to have that EA with a 119 wing.

You need to set up and point the 119 wing dish (should be a DP Dual LNBF) and run the cable to the 1000.4. Then you connect the cable from the wing dish to the "IN" port on the LNBF. Run a check switch on your receiver and you'll be good.

I have no idea what you need to do for the AAD stuff, but this will get your receiver to see all 4 of those satellites.

If your EA dish is a 1000.2 (only 61.5 & 72.7) then you need a 44 switch (as there is no "IN" on that LNBF), but from what I read it sounds like you have a 1000.4.

Thanks so much. It is an EA Dish (indicates DPP 1K.4) currently receiving 61.5 72 and 77.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts