Questions about leaving DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Moving to a new place with no satellite option. I believe I am under contract through october this year. When I cancelled DISH under contract, they did not charge since they couldn't get signal at the new residence.

Loved Direct, but now have to get cable. Will they be nice?

pfan

If you speak with the department for cancellation, they MIGHT be able to reverse the Early cancellation fee, because you have no option for installing satellite at the new location.
The early cancel fee is 20$ for each month you don't complete.

what do you mean no sat option?

the law is on your side

I'm curious too. I wonder if it's no signal ability problem.

I almost had my original install refused due to a huge Tree in the way, luckly the installer was cool and got a pole mount and found a perfect signal in backyard. Original spot would of been on roof.

I don't think anyone can really deny you satellite tv. apartment complexes can be had their with a certain diameter Dish.

what do you mean no sat option?

the law is on your side

The law is not "on your side". You don't even know what he means by no satellite option. There are the OTARD rules, but they are very specific as to what they allow and what they don't. Please don't mislead the op into thinking something he shouldn't.

$20/mo isn't too bad. I would hope they would reverse it. Truth is everyone, that we are moving in with my inlaws to get back on our feet. They already have cable.

Do you think DTV would sympathize with us?

pfan

pfan1981 said:
$20/mo isn't too bad. I would hope they would reverse it. Truth is everyone, that we are moving in with my inlaws to get back on our feet. They already have cable.

Do you think DTV would sympathize with us?

pfan

Hate to say but no. If you don't have LOS then you'll be released from contract but if you have LOS then you'll be required to pay the remaining contract off or get it hooked up.

No landlord permission doesn't release either.

How long do you need to get back on your feet? You may be able to suspend your services long enough to get back on your own. Another option would be to have the service installed at the in-laws. Who knows...maybe you will become a hero?

"Truth is everyone, that we are moving in with my inlaws to get back on our feet."

Sadly this is not a "NO SAT OPTION" - this is a person under contract attempting to renege on said contract; regardless of the money savings for you, the end user. Might you get lucky? Maybe; but don't expect or count on it from a legal standpoint and surely don't be upset if they say NO..

Ways to get out of the ETF are if you move to a location where they can't get a good signal at all or if you are Military with orders overseas. Your situation is breach of contract and you'll be charged $480-20x where x is months with them out of 2 years. So if you've been with them 1 year your ETF will be $240.

I'd see if your inlaws would like to give DTV a shot instead of re-enacting Platoon with Charlie Sheen. Everyone who sees the whole home DVR setup like I have wants to switch.

@ the OP PFAN is your SIG line accurate and you have DirecTV?

DISH200 ,cinemax for .01, HD
622, 612, digital landline
all for $100 with Frontier Comm

Used to have that. I think we have a few months left on the contract. We can just pay it. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

pfan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)