Questions about The Hopper?

Benyth said:
OK, but then we get back to the question: Before the Hopper Integration, how does a Joey decide which Hopper to talk to if it can see two Hoppers on the network?

It will only see the hopper that it's hooked to via the node!

sparc said:
same question i asked. i don't think anyone has explained the programming of these boxes in that situation.

Maybe Scott can dig something up for us?

my guess is that it's something similar to what isaacmorseMI posted above.

The joes will be seen on the hopper they are hooked to via the node.

I do not think a tap will be necessary. I plan to power up and activate the first Hopper, and then in turn power up and pair associated Joeys. Next, power those all down and repeat with the second Hopper and its Joeys. Then power up the first set as well.

me21771 said:
Is Dish 100% positive that Blockbuster will be available for streaming on both the hopper and joeys? I am planning on upgrading to a hopper and two joeys so that way I can have streaming on all three TVs. Also, would I need to run Ethernet cables from both the hopper and joeys for broadband connection? Thanks.

The joeys see everything through the hopper. You can either connect the hopper to broadband directly or a Joey using a hic.

I have not heard anything officially but I have been told by people who work at the warehouses they have not seen any Dual Nodes come in yet.

I have never seen a Dual node myself yet... to me it is still a mythical creature. :)

I would love to see it on the 15th, but would not be surprised if they delay it until the software is ready to fully support it.

It makes perfect since to me not to release it
Think about it if you watch the videos its clear not hook up the Joey till the hopper is up so without software to make two hopper talk it would mess up the communications with mister Joey you would have to put a isolator in then if they ever do release the software it would require a tech visit to take the isolator out to make it work
The best thing would be no duo till the software is out if it ever
does

rdinkel said:
I do not think a tap will be necessary. I plan to power up and activate the first Hopper, and then in turn power up and pair associated Joeys. Next, power those all down and repeat with the second Hopper and its Joeys. Then power up the first set as well.

That's what I saw on the training video.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Schermann posted in another thread that the duo nodes would show up at the distributor next week.

Sounds like there's a slight delay. We'll see what happens....

Anyone know if the Hopper distributes favorites lists to the Joeys? It would be nice not to have to set that four times.

new member looking for alittle info on the hopper

Just wanted to stop in and say hello.. I am a new member looking for some info on the hopper. My family just got dish network less then a month ago and we are on the america's top 250 plan with 3 211's and the 1000.2 dish at this time. We are looking to upgrade to the hopper after it comes out on the market. We would like to get 3 hoppers and No joeys if that is possible. We have dish networks protection plan and with that protection plan can we avoid a big bill after we rent 3 hoppers from dishnetwork. I remeber talking to a dish network agent about 3 weeks ago and she told me that we should not be billed for getting 3 hoppers the only charge we should get is the charge of the tech coming out to our home and setting up the 3 hoppers is this true..???

Just a few quick questions

1. Will the hopper have wifi.?

2. Will the hopper support video on demand.? I really miss my on demand from comcast

3. Will the hopper have a build in digital clock like the comcast digital boxes had...?

4. Will the hopper be able to dl videos from the dish network with out a internet conection.?

5. Will the 1000.2 dish work with the hopper and all of it features.?

Thank You for your time and help.

Last edited:
I remeber talking to a dish network agent about 3 weeks ago and she told me that we should not be billed for getting 3 hoppers the only charge we should get is the charge of the tech coming out to our home and setting up the 3 hoppers is this true..???

I doubt it. Also, currently the max # of Hoppers will be 2. I really doubt they will let you have 3. Even if they did, there is currently no Triple Node on the market, so one of the units would not be able to share recordings with the other 2. You will only be able to get a 2 Hopper 1 Joey setup.

Just a few quick questions

1. Will the hopper have wifi.?

Wifi can be added with an optional USB module just like current VIP DVRs.

2. Will the hopper support video on demand.? I really miss my on demand from comcast

Yes, it will support Dish's streaming capabilities using your internet connection.

3. Will the hopper have a built in digital clock like the comcast digital boxes had...?

No

4. Will the hopper be able to dl videos from the dish network with out a internet conection.?

Yes with "Dish Unplugged", but you don't get to control which movies it downloads. It will download what the most popular titles are.

5. Will the 1000.2 dish work with the hopper and all of it features.?

Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)