Not open for further replies.

Voyager6

*Cancelled*
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 30, 2005
Wokeville
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11489134/baltimore-ravens-cut-ray-rice-new-video-surfaces

The Baltimore Ravens terminated running back Ray Rice's contract on Monday, hours after TMZ Sports released a video showing him punching his then-fiancée in the face in an Atlantic City hotel elevator in February.

The team had no other comment in its statement announcing Rice's release.

Rice's assault on Janay Palmer, who he married in March, drew a two-game suspension from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell -- a penalty so severely criticized as too lenient that Goodell recently revamped the league's personal conduct policies covering domestic violence and assault.

The NFL says it never saw the video until Monday.

Ray Rice, the Raven's, the NFL, and most sports stations (ESPN!!!) have handled this so poorly from the start. I guess ONLY SEEING the video, instead of hearing what happened caused their all of a sudden decision to discipline Rice further. To me that is pretty bad.

NFL saw the video.. Why didn't they act sooner

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ray Rice, the Raven's, the NFL, and most sports stations (ESPN!!!) have handled this so poorly from the start. I guess ONLY SEEING the video, instead of hearing what happened caused their all of a sudden decision to discipline Rice further. To me that is pretty bad.
Not sure how the sports media has any blame here. From what I've seen/read, most were calling for a stronger punishment than 2 games, before the latest clip surfaced....

Didn't say blame. I said handled poorly. Think of the two or three issues ESPN has gotten themselves into while discussing the Rice case.

NFL saw the video.. Why didn't they act sooner

Goodell and the NFl is claiming they didnt.

"We requested from law enforcement any and all information about the incident, including the video from inside the elevator. That video was not made available to us and no one in our office has seen it until today," the league said in a statement released to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ice-released-by-ravens-indefinitely-suspended

Goodell and the NFl is claiming they didnt.

"We requested from law enforcement any and all information about the incident, including the video from inside the elevator. That video was not made available to us and no one in our office has seen it until today," the league said in a statement released to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ice-released-by-ravens-indefinitely-suspended
That's CYA after the media blow up...

Please don't misunderstand, I am in no way condoning his actions, he was wrong, very wrong, and deserved punishment. Having said that, if I'm Ray Rice I'm hiring the best lawyer money can buy tomorrow and by Wed I'm serving TMZ with a subpeona to force them to reveal how they acquired police evidence. Here's the problem, the police had ALL the evidence and after investigating and interviewing everyone involved they opted not to press criminal charges. Now TMZ gets their grubby little hands on one piece of that evidence, just one part of all the evidence, and recklessly releases it to the public. TMZ has now ruined this man's life and, oh by the way, also his wife's life, the very person everyone claims to be so concerned about. No matter how you feel about Ray Rice and what he did, this is flat out irresponsible and most probably actionable.

Please don't misunderstand, I am in no way condoning his actions, he was wrong, very wrong, and deserved punishment. Having said that, if I'm Ray Rice I'm hiring the best lawyer money can buy tomorrow and by Wed I'm serving TMZ with a subpeona to force them to reveal how they acquired police evidence. Here's the problem, the police had ALL the evidence and after investigating and interviewing everyone involved they opted not to press criminal charges. Now TMZ gets their grubby little hands on one piece of that evidence, just one part of all the evidence, and recklessly releases it to the public. TMZ has now ruined this man's life and, oh by the way, also his wife's life, the very person everyone claims to be so concerned about. No matter how you feel about Ray Rice and what he did, this is flat out irresponsible and most probably actionable.
FIOA laws this type of stuff has to be released after a certain set of time(it varies depending on the state) but is has to be released if requested.

Yes, TMZ at it again ....
How does TMZ get the cameras in the elevators .... now we know, TMZ has eyes on everything.

Since when do whatever you call TMZ have write to Police evidence?

TMZ needs to be sued a few million times with all the sh*t they come up with.

Fwiw, I don't condon what Rice did either, but when did TMZ become part of the Local Police in every city.

Yes, TMZ at it again ....
How does TMZ get the cameras in the elevators .... now we know, TMZ has eyes on everything.

Since when do whatever you call TMZ have write to Police evidence?

TMZ needs to be sued a few million times with all the sh*t they come up with.

Fwiw, I don't condon what Rice did either, but when did TMZ become part of the Local Police in every city.
Its called FIOA requests Maryland has them and so does the other 49 states.
Since the case is closed the video is no longer exempt or protected from being released.

Its called FIOA requests Maryland has them and so does the other 49 states.
Since the case is closed the video is no longer exempt or protected from being released.
So your saying that evidece is free to anyone after case has been closed ?

If the case has been closed, it's NOT now.

Never heard of FIOA

So your saying that evidece is free to anyone after case has been closed ?

If the case has been closed, it's NOT now.

Never heard of FIOA
Ray Rices lawyers got him into a pretrial intervention program that allowed him to avoid jail time and could lead to the charge being eliminated
from his record.
Case is closed.

Sorry I got the letters backwards its Freedom of Information Act or FOIA

Freedom of information Act. Any citizen can go on the oklahoma state court network and search and see court docs. Oscn.net. I use it to look up case numbers so I dont have to call the DA everytime I need to have restitution added to a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts