re-activate ... and then bend over backwards.

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
wow - had service with sirius last year - went for the three month subscription to "try it out" ... found that i did not listen to it all that much - so decided to save the radio and activate it each summer for a few weeks when we do our long "road trips"

Just got a new "promo" email from them and noticed the following fine-print.

"If you cancel a 3- or 6- month subscription during the first year of service, you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee.
Activation fee of $15 and taxes apply"

So in order to listen for a month while on a road trip the 12.95 pay as you go service will cost me ..

$15 activation
$38.85 (3 month @ $12.95 per month plan minimum - though two mos will be refunded)
$50 cancellation fee

So I'm going to end up paying $55 to turn the radio back on ... then an extra $23 when i cancel ($26 refund will not be enough to cover the cancellation fee)

$78 to be able to listen to the radio for a month ..

Great way to do business ...

I think i'll just sell my radio instead as i don't see me activating it again anytime soon with those t&c's.

I can't say I blame you, that's outrageous. I don't agree with Sirius's billing policies one bit, but I also don't want to loose $75 canceling either.

My wife got me a radio for Christmas in '06 and my mother in law got me a bunch of gift cards so it wasn't so bad signing up. I told them that I didn't want to be auto billed and they swore up and down I wouldn't get charged, my CC info's not stored and I would get a letter, blah blah blah.

In July I bought a new car and since that's my real busy time I didn't have the time or energy to re-install the radio, so I called Sirius and asked if there was some sort of suspend I can do, they said 3 months at the most and I don't believe there was a charge for it either. So I did the suspend and when I installed my radio later down the road it was working and I assumed that it was out of suspension. (come to find out that it might not have ever recieved the de-activation signal and yeah, I already know all about that)

Come December, the 27th to be exact I get nailed for $140+ for a subscription, I spent hours on the phone. I shouldn't have been billed til this month and I lost 3 months service. People say Sirius has some of the best customer service, while they were very nice and knowledgeable, not one of them seemed to care about how nothing was done to my account that people said they did. I since "lost" that credit card and got a new one so they can't charge me again this Christmas. I with I could get the 3 months service back though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts