OTHER Receiver for ACM audio

Wow, that's insane! I had an original M1HD, not the plus version in a parts box. Fired it up and bingo! Scanned in and played MC channels. Just barely playing with 62% quality. Crazy. Thanks for answering my post.

Reactions: . Raine and iBoston
Wow, that's insane! I had an original M1HD, not the plus version in a parts box. Fired it up and bingo! Scanned in and played MC channels. Just barely playing with 62% quality. Crazy. Thanks for answering my post.

That is insane! I too have an original M1HD collecting dust somewhere, I'll have to dig it out and try it.

Update on the "barely playing..". I just found that if I bump the dish out of point and it breaks up, it won't come back. If I power off and back on it works perfectly, even at a lower quality rate. I am so happy! Thanks - that reminds me I have to renew my SatGuys membership. It expires in a few hours. Cheers!

Reactions: KE4EST
I think its more of an overheating issue - I'll review the older threads on this unit but most likely add a fan.
I never really used this thing before - not for more than 30 mins.

I bought it new on ebay and it had an over voltage issue on Ku vertical - making it unable to get Ku vertical, so I notified the seller and they refunded me and told me not to ship it back. I started playing around looking for firmware and found none as the link on X2 didn't work and I then bricked it trying the M1HD+ firmware - I had nothing to lose. Earlier this year I decided to make a RS232 cable and restore it using the Internet Time Machine to get the firmware link. It worked and it also fixed the over voltage problem. I felt accomplished and with nothing to use it for I threw it in a parts box. I have actually thrown it into electronic recycling twice and pulled it out prior to fixing it.
Listening to Korn right now!

All done and working. I put a CPU fan on the top of the case and it was still getting choppy after a few minutes so I put an older firmware from Aug 20 2015 and now it is perfect. Listening to Tool now!

All done and working. I put a CPU fan on the top of the case and it was still getting choppy after a few minutes so I put an older firmware from Aug 20 2015 and now it is perfect. Listening to Tool now!
Pictures?

The M1HD with a fan and seemingly better firmware is still glitching out sometimes for a period and then comes back. Quality level is between 52 and 55 due to the terrible weather outside. Sometimes it glitches for a while even when signal is higher and has perfect BER. Tomorrow should be better weather and will do more testing. Too bad I can't do this transponder on my AI S2 meter - not supported.

I have been seeing the cyclical breakup again today with good weather, 59% quality and perfect BER. I wish my AI S2 meter could see the signal. Putting the meter on 4180 V - the closest to LOCK to 4140 V - The signal and CNR is solid 9.8

I'm guessing that the box is the problem - maybe it can't handle the complicated variation of ACM. Just a guess.

I'm now pretty sure it is not a signal level problem. I took put my Cband LNB in the center position today (it was a sidecar to a prime focus Ku). Signal is higher now - 70% Quality with perfect BER and eventually it went into its glitchy cycle.

I'd be interested in trying some other firmware versions if anyone has any. I have March 2016 and August 2015 firmware.

I've given up on the M1HD. It is buggy or under-powered or whatever. I've also given up on buying the M1HD+. I would have ordered one but the ebay listing failed to list Canada as a country available for shipping. I contacted them and they said they would add it but didn't. If I was in somewhere like the US or Yemen, then I'd be the proud owner of a M1HD+. But alas I am not.

Instead I took a chance and ordered: an iBrave f10s
It supposedly does VCM/ACM/CCM

We'll see.

Update - Jan 2018

Ok, I got the iBrave STB a few weeks ago and despite whatever the ACM/VCM capabilities, it does not detect the MC channels on 125w. It seems like a decent receiver - has nice remote and good interface, excellent picture, but doesn't get MC, so I don't know what ACM/VCM the maker has in the specs. I suspected as much but took one for the team.

The M1HD+ arrived today. Shipping took 50 days. It scanned in and plays perfectly the MC channels. Yay!
The original (not PLUS+ version) tried to play them but always broke up pretty quickly. It's back in the junk parts pile.

Yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts