OTHER Receiver for ACM audio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Wow, that's insane! I had an original M1HD, not the plus version in a parts box. Fired it up and bingo! Scanned in and played MC channels. Just barely playing with 62% quality. Crazy. Thanks for answering my post.

Reactions: . Raine and iBoston
Wow, that's insane! I had an original M1HD, not the plus version in a parts box. Fired it up and bingo! Scanned in and played MC channels. Just barely playing with 62% quality. Crazy. Thanks for answering my post.

That is insane! I too have an original M1HD collecting dust somewhere, I'll have to dig it out and try it.

Update on the "barely playing..". I just found that if I bump the dish out of point and it breaks up, it won't come back. If I power off and back on it works perfectly, even at a lower quality rate. I am so happy! Thanks - that reminds me I have to renew my SatGuys membership. It expires in a few hours. Cheers!

Reactions: KE4EST
I think its more of an overheating issue - I'll review the older threads on this unit but most likely add a fan.
I never really used this thing before - not for more than 30 mins.

I bought it new on ebay and it had an over voltage issue on Ku vertical - making it unable to get Ku vertical, so I notified the seller and they refunded me and told me not to ship it back. I started playing around looking for firmware and found none as the link on X2 didn't work and I then bricked it trying the M1HD+ firmware - I had nothing to lose. Earlier this year I decided to make a RS232 cable and restore it using the Internet Time Machine to get the firmware link. It worked and it also fixed the over voltage problem. I felt accomplished and with nothing to use it for I threw it in a parts box. I have actually thrown it into electronic recycling twice and pulled it out prior to fixing it.
Listening to Korn right now!

All done and working. I put a CPU fan on the top of the case and it was still getting choppy after a few minutes so I put an older firmware from Aug 20 2015 and now it is perfect. Listening to Tool now!

All done and working. I put a CPU fan on the top of the case and it was still getting choppy after a few minutes so I put an older firmware from Aug 20 2015 and now it is perfect. Listening to Tool now!
Pictures?

The M1HD with a fan and seemingly better firmware is still glitching out sometimes for a period and then comes back. Quality level is between 52 and 55 due to the terrible weather outside. Sometimes it glitches for a while even when signal is higher and has perfect BER. Tomorrow should be better weather and will do more testing. Too bad I can't do this transponder on my AI S2 meter - not supported.

I have been seeing the cyclical breakup again today with good weather, 59% quality and perfect BER. I wish my AI S2 meter could see the signal. Putting the meter on 4180 V - the closest to LOCK to 4140 V - The signal and CNR is solid 9.8

I'm guessing that the box is the problem - maybe it can't handle the complicated variation of ACM. Just a guess.

I'm now pretty sure it is not a signal level problem. I took put my Cband LNB in the center position today (it was a sidecar to a prime focus Ku). Signal is higher now - 70% Quality with perfect BER and eventually it went into its glitchy cycle.

I'd be interested in trying some other firmware versions if anyone has any. I have March 2016 and August 2015 firmware.

I've given up on the M1HD. It is buggy or under-powered or whatever. I've also given up on buying the M1HD+. I would have ordered one but the ebay listing failed to list Canada as a country available for shipping. I contacted them and they said they would add it but didn't. If I was in somewhere like the US or Yemen, then I'd be the proud owner of a M1HD+. But alas I am not.

Instead I took a chance and ordered: an iBrave f10s
It supposedly does VCM/ACM/CCM

We'll see.

Update - Jan 2018

Ok, I got the iBrave STB a few weeks ago and despite whatever the ACM/VCM capabilities, it does not detect the MC channels on 125w. It seems like a decent receiver - has nice remote and good interface, excellent picture, but doesn't get MC, so I don't know what ACM/VCM the maker has in the specs. I suspected as much but took one for the team.

The M1HD+ arrived today. Shipping took 50 days. It scanned in and plays perfectly the MC channels. Yay!
The original (not PLUS+ version) tried to play them but always broke up pretty quickly. It's back in the junk parts pile.

Yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts