Red Zone Channel Poll (Sunday Ticket Subs Only Please)

Would you drop ST if RZ was offered in the sports package?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Please only vote if you currently subscribe to Sunday Ticket.

With all of the talk about other providers getting the red zone, I was wondering how many Sunday Ticket subscribers would drop it if they were to receive RZ in the sports package.

I wouldnt. I may subscribe to the red zone for that if I did not have ST, but I see the two as totally different depending on your needs and wants.

If I want to see parts of the games, RZ would be great, If I want to watch what I want to watch, ST is the ONLY way to go.

This poll is kindof pointless. I would guess 90% of ST subscribers buy the seasonal sports pack because their favorite team isn't available in their own local market. But for the others that just like tons of Football, RedZone just might be the answer for that ST subscriber who gets his team locally.
Like myself. I like football, but my Team is in my Local market. So would I subscribe to ST to get other games?
Sure,I've done it.
But Now that Red Zone is available I'd have no reason to pay $300-$400 on ST ever again when all the best plays from every game can be had for $5.99 per month on top of my base pack.

Hemi, This poll is not pointless because of all of the comments from people that stated that you don't need Sunday Ticket because of the Red Zone channel. Just seeing where the members here stand on this topic that have Sunday Ticket.

The only thing that will make this pointless is the Dish subs that are voting to skew the results.

You should have the choice, "I don't sub to ST, but would sub to the Sports Pack if the RZC was part of the Sports Pack"

I wouldn't drop ST one way or the other, not do I think the RZ is any where close to a replacement for watching the games. Alone this is garbage to a true fan compared to actually watching the entire game. At best its a very minor compliment to the games.

Hemi, This poll is not pointless because of all of the comments from people that stated that you don't need Sunday Ticket because of the Red Zone channel. Just seeing where the members here stand on this topic that have Sunday Ticket.

The only thing that will make this pointless is the Dish subs that are voting to skew the results.
The poll at DBS Talk is better worded. From that poll it is obvious that most of the ST subs want all of the ST channels, not just RZ.

Do you sub to Sunday Ticket just for the Redzone Channel? - DBSTalk.Com

I would. Getting to watch the scoring plays in real time and the full games on NFL Replay a few days later would be just fine by me.

You should have the choice, "I don't sub to ST, but would sub to the Sports Pack if the RZC was part of the Sports Pack"

If you already have ST why would you worry about subbing to the sports pack? This poll is marked toward ST subscribers only. It is asking exactly what I am interested in finding out. If you don't like what I am asking you are free to move on to other things.

Another thing in general. (Not directly pointed at you Dodger)

/rant\
This is one of the things that I am starting to hate about this board. People can not openly ask questions without people jumping down their throats or questioning the validity of the questions. If people don't like what is being asked they are able to just move on along and leave things the way they are.
/end rant\

/rant\
This is one of the things that I am starting to hate about this board. People can not openly ask questions without people jumping down their throats or questioning the validity of the questions. If people don't like what is being asked they are able to just move on along and leave things the way they are.
/end rant\

YEP!!!

no. that's not the question he's asking. he wants to know who that subs to ST would drop it if D* offered a RZC the way E* is doing it.

i answered no. i don't really even tune to this channel nor do i sub to ST to watch this channel.it would make no difference to me if the RZC was part of the ST package or not.i would still sub to it. i will say this to add to DK's point, D* should offer this channel aside from the ST package for those that wish they could afford ST but can't. i don't see how D* would lose by doing this.

/rant\
/end rant\

i agree. you get this kind of garbage on both of the major forums.

no. that's not the question he's asking. he wants to know who that subs to ST would drop it if D* offered a RZC the way E* is doing it.

i answered no. i don't really even tune to this channel nor do i sub to ST to watch this channel.it would make no difference to me if the RZC was part of the ST package or not.i would still sub to it. i will say this to add to DK's point, D* should offer this channel aside from the ST package for those that wish they could afford ST but can't. i don't see how D* would lose by doing this.

Then they should GIVE us ST subs the HD portion and let the fantasy garbage be part of the RZ channel.
No need for us to pay extra for HD anymore, other than for them to make more money.

I think the Red Zone and game tracker and what not should all be part of a separate package and have for many years now.

fwiw, I voted NO, I would NOT drop ST if RZ was available.

I get ST to watch MY TEAM's game in HD.

I did not want to know who subs just for Red Zone so the poll there is not worded better. I wanted to know who would drop ST if Red Zone was offered. These are two different items IMO

If you already have ST why would you worry about subbing to the sports pack? This poll is marked toward ST subscribers only. It is asking exactly what I am interested in finding out. If you don't like what I am asking you are free to move on to other things.

Another thing in general. (Not directly pointed at you Dodger)

/rant\
/end rant\
It was only a suggestion. I thought you may find out more about the interest in ST and the RZC if you included the Direct subs whom do not sub to ST.

With that said, I do understand your point. You are simply trying to compare the interest of the RZC channel to the entire package of those that currently sub to the RZC.

Then they should GIVE us ST subs the HD portion and let the fantasy garbage be part of the RZ channel.
No need for us to pay extra for HD anymore, other than for them to make more money.

I think the Red Zone and game tracker and what not should all be part of a separate package and have for many years now.

AGREED

I hear ya. we've been making that argument for awhile but it's fallen on deaf ears or "blind" eyes if you know what i mean.

1st year with ST, have not turned on Red Zone Channel yet. I subscribed because I moved away from my home teams market(Bears). ST was a requirement with the move, end of story. I'm a season ticket holder and have sold 9 of my 10 games this year. So, I'll go back for 1 game, am have tix to the game in Atlanta, so I'm content. I can pay for ST with the profit I can make selling my tickets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)