Renewal Notice

w6pea

"Old Jarhead"
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 21, 2011
Mexifornia aka San Diego, Ca.
I got a notice from SiriusXM yesterday, it was for two service options. I have two radio's one in my house and one in my truck.
It was for it was $159.10 for each reciever I didn't pay that much for both last year. :eek: :mad: Last year I was charged half of that for two $96.00 plus internet was included. :rant: I guess I will call and complain and cancel service.
Don't they have a service for the house radio that is half price anyway?

I like to listen to Roger Hedgecock but I can't find his show did they dump him also?

well I never got a renewal notice. they just tried t charge my credit card froo renewal. I called t cancel and i hpe you are right. I think that it is worth something but not the full charge. Ia m a baseball fan but my Ford came with Sirius and weell you knw the story there.

I called them today I got a snarky young punk that said there were no specials to offer. I asked to speak to a supervisor was on hold for about 20 min. Got a just as rude and obnoxious b$%& that couldn't even pronounce my name right. Said there were no special offers. So in a couple of days I will call back and ask to speak to a person here on shore not in India like I got today. As far as I am concerned Sirius-XM is not worth $318.78 a year, to keep two radio's one in the house and one in my truck. And not get internet provided like it was before. They want an additional 14.00 a month for the internet feed....oh it was working yesterday but it's not working tonight. I checked my Truck and the house unit and they are both working right now. :coffee

You don't get special offers by asking for them, you get them by saying I want to cancel......
I just got off the phone with them again. Paid less this year than I did last year, without the internet subscription. For both radio's Paid half price for the full year subscription. Now my question is how is Sirius-XM staying in business :coffee A total $86.18 for the radio in my truck and the radio in the house.

Yeah you have to cancel saying you can't afford it, not in budget etc. My work hours have been cut etc... some sob story they'll give you a reduced rate, say no to offer #1 , repeat sob story then they'll offer #2 which is better than
Option 3 which is cancellation.

Then wait a few months then get offer to come back for 6 months @ $25.
But then lookout cuz they'll hit your credit card for full price a few months later. So give them a prepaid cc #. That has no balance.

Bottom line accept offer 2.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

chiodo

I think if I would have said no to the offer he gave me for the two radio's with out the internet streaming audio I could have got all of it. Seemed that the streaming audio on the computer wasn't as good as it should have been. Seemed like it would play for awhile and then have to buffer again. It was raelly bad on my W
Windows Computer but it was really clear on the new iMac Computer go figure?

well I never got a renewal notice. they just tried t charge my credit card froo renewal. I called t cancel and i hope you are right. I think that it is worth something but not the full charge. Ia m a baseball fan but my Ford came with Sirius and well you know the story there.

I got the $25 fr 6 months deal again,. I had no service for 10 days and then the envelope that thried to look official and important showed up. All they had to do as send an email but I cant imagine paying full price.

I forgot to call and cancel, so they charged me $17. Their service is not worth $17 IMO. I am used to $25 for 6 months. They do like to lie, they said if I subscribe with XM I will get Howard stern 100. Then when I didn't get it they said I need the best of sirius package

Yep,as soon as my $9 package expires I'm screaming $25 for 6mos or bust!:D They tried to hook me for the $15 activation fee,did a couple of chats and got it waived.

Just renewed again for a year. Got the 50% off deal. $86 + $10.75 royalty fee. I dropped the internet radio since they wouldn't discount it this time. They'll probably offer me a deal on that soon.

Intertesting situation I was in. I have had a stand alone radio from sirius for the past 6 years in my 1997 honda civic. Finally got a honda 20120 accord that has XM. So both my wife and I have xm in our cars now. My sirus finally lapsed and got the renewal for $217.81 this includes internet. I called hem to remove the sirius radio since I dont need it anymore. Here is my predictiment. I have always been a primary sirius subscriber so I have always had howard stern on my base package. Now I have two xm primary radios whihc do not get Howard stern without upgrading to the premium xm package. They 1sy offere $86 plus taxes and fees no internet, total around $108. I read them the riot act of claiming to be one compnay but chrge different levels of packages depending if you have a sirius radio or XM. I called B.S and said I am geetting screwed now for the vehicle I drive. You calim to be one comapny but you still are not!!!. I just got both radios combined on one accoutn about 2 months ago. Crazy since they have merger over 3 years ago. They then came back with a rollover of my sirius radio accountto my 2010 honda accord xm radio. The final cost with xm premium internet and all taxes and fees $41.30 for 5 months. The main reason for having sirus is Howard stern and now the defunt Playboy channel for the Tiffany Granath show. So now I have sirius for howrd only!!. $41.30 seemed like a decent deal with internet. My commute is about 10 min by car and I ride my bike alot so Internet is a must since I listen to it alot more than in my vehicle. I am good for 5 months then we play this game again!!. The Rep was actually very cordial and decent and not from India :)

I called them today I got a snarky young punk that said there were no specials to offer. I asked to speak to a supervisor was on hold for about 20 min. Got a just as rude and obnoxious b$%& that couldn't even pronounce my name right. Said there were no special offers. So in a couple of days I will call back and ask to speak to a person here on shore not in India like I got today. As far as I am concerned Sirius-XM is not worth $318.78 a year, to keep two radio's one in the house and one in my truck. And not get internet provided like it was before. They want an additional 14.00 a month for the internet feed....oh it was working yesterday but it's not working tonight. I checked my Truck and the house unit and they are both working right now. :coffee

Interesting, I re upped partially in Feb, consisting of 2 XM radios, got a free 6 months of Sirius on the new Ford, but anyways, the Internet was like 25 a year.

The lasts several years, they want to charge me 195 for the 1st radio and discount addl radios from there.
Noth sure why they think the 1st radio is so much better than radio 2 and 3.

I have 1 Sirius and 2 xm.

Just renewed again for a year. Got the 50% off deal. $86 + $10.75 royalty fee. I dropped the internet radio since they wouldn't discount it this time. They'll probably offer me a deal on that soon.
After my free '6 month with the new car' deal ran out, they gave me three months for the price of one, while I reconsidered dropping them. That three months expired, so I just renewed with the same $86 1-year offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)