"Reported attack site"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what's different on your set-up, Tony. I am running FF17.0.1 on Windows 7 and Windows XPsp2 on another machine and haven't seen the warnings since the first day. Is there something in the history or cache that could be triggering the warning?

I saw it the first day...then the other day when I cleared all cookies(was having an unrelated issue of remaining logged in). Any way after clearing cookies it came back for seconded time. Once I told it, it was not a bad site, it has never came back up. This was on FF 18beta. I installed FF19 Aurora, last night just to experiment with it mostly, and not seen it at all on FF Aurora.
Unrelated note: Aurora is lots smoother and faster than regular FF. :)

I'm wondering what's different on your set-up, Tony. I am running FF17.0.1 on Windows 7 and Windows XPsp2 on another machine and haven't seen the warnings since the first day. Is there something in the history or cache that could be triggering the warning?

It sounds like the list of bad sites is mirrored around the country/world and the mirror that he is defaulting to has not been updated, where yours has been properly updated.

Updates like this are surely done in minutes, not hours or days. They may still "give it 24-48 hours" just like with DNS changes but if it takes that long, something's broken!

So far today I have not seen the Attack bug I've been seeing for days, last night I got the 504 Error, haven't seen that one either today ...

Still using FF17.0.1

I'm still getting it once every day since it started.Last night before I shut the box off I cleared the cache/cookies in FF 17 and did a Disk Cleanup(Vista Business 64 bit).Tonight as soon as I clicked the bookmark it came up,just did the click ignore/not attack/close the badsite tab and continued on as usual.So whatever the problem is it just won't go away.A few days ago I also did a scan with microsoft security essentials and that made no difference,did find a couple of minor unrelated things tho.

No plan to stop coming. The other site has the same issue for me with FF. I believe Scott said this is actually a FF big.

Maybe switch to Chrome?

First time users do an internet search and click on the site see attack and leave, probably never to come back.

I think that people who have been with the site a while know better and were not deterred. I have to admit when it first happened, I was very leery about continuing to the site. I went to a different computer to check out what had happened. One never knows if a hacker has broken in and sabotaged a site. I knew Scott and the rest of the staff would be on top of it right away, but sometimes a break in could take a while to fix.

I do not think the average user would change browsers just to visit a site.

I'm still getting it once every day since it started.Last night before I shut the box off I cleared the cache/cookies in FF 17 and did a Disk Cleanup(Vista Business 64 bit).Tonight as soon as I clicked the bookmark it came up,just did the click ignore/not attack/close the badsite tab and continued on as usual.So whatever the problem is it just won't go away.A few days ago I also did a scan with microsoft security essentials and that made no difference,did find a couple of minor unrelated things tho.

same here. When I boot up the computer the 1st time I come here I get the popup. Then I wont until the next time I boot the computer back up

I believe Scott said this is actually a FF big.
He has and notice that he's no longer really commenting in this thread ? Must be tired of repeating "there's nothing I can do". :mad:

First time users do an internet search and click on the site see attack and leave, probably never to come back.
That's a very good possibility. On the other hand, again, what can the site do ? Nothing...

Two updates...

Mozilla (firefox) is having a few glitches. They are aware of it and are currently working on resolving the issue. Try deleting the urlclassifier3.slite file from your firefox profile directory, if the error still persists go post on this thread: https://www.badwarebusters.org/main/itemview/31311

The issue and fix are in this Bugzilla report: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=820283

Beta v18.06b fixes the problem at least until the final release is posted

Official 18.0b6 builds are already available on FTP: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/18.0b6/

Would be good if several users with this issue test the beta to confirm the issue is really fixed for all cases.

Assuming you DON’T still have malware on your website of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts