Response from E* on TBS HD

Earliest 2008.

I have been wondering lately if, declared profits not withstanding, there are money troubles and Echostar is having problems acquiring alot of new channels. And maybe TBS is low on the totem pole. Considering todays culture of companies hiding big losses and having to restate earnings its a fair possibility.:(

AHHH!:yikes Now that my Phillies are in it I actually care about TBS HD! :mad:

Yeah, as a Dish Network subscriber, I have to agree. After watching the Phillies in HD for many games, especially those last few exciting games, going back to SD seems like a step backward.

The entire NLCS is on TBS, too! At least the ACLS is on Fox, and therefore presumably HD.

At least the World Series will be on Fox. Will the Fightin' Phils make it that far?

Yeah, as a Dish Network subscriber, I have to agree. After watching the Phillies in HD for many games, especially those last few exciting games, going back to SD seems like a step backward.

The entire NLCS is on TBS, too! At least the ACLS is on Fox, and therefore presumably HD.

At least the World Series will be on Fox. Will the Fightin' Phils make it that far?

of course them fightin phils gone make it that far,

Dish Response - TBS HD - NLCS

I did a live chat - flipping ridiculous customer service my fellow subscribers! Hey, but they're always here to help!!!

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03)Tina S.
(03)Tina S: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
darin chester: Hi Tina, what can you tell me about TBS HD as the NLCS is two hours away?
darin chester: Is Dish once again letting its subscribers down?
(03)Tina S: Sure. I will be glad to help you with your concern.
darin chester: Please spare any robotic responses - just be frank with me.
(03)Tina S: I am sorry, we do not have any update of this information.
(03)Tina S: We are working on it right now.
(03)Tina S: Once we get the update we will surely inform you.
darin chester: Why doesn't Dish offer the feed in HD through TNT or some other channel or network? It's baffling.
(03)Tina S: I understand your concern.
(03)Tina S: I would suggest you to mail your suggestions so that your issue will be resolved at the earliest.
darin chester: Trust me - I have, and so have your subscribers - several times.
darin chester: We get the same responses, which are not what we would expect as we pay for standard definition, when we should be getting HD.
darin chester: So, I am gathering that the chances in % are likely below 10 - that we will see the NLCS or NLDS - in High Definition - through Dish Network. Is that accurate?
(03)Tina S: I will verify the information.
darin chester: Now?
(03)Tina S: First, can I get the phone number that is on the account? I can also look up your account using DISH Network Account Number if you have it handy.
darin chester: My ph (deleted)
(03)Tina S: I am sorry, I am unable to pull the account with the given phone number.
(03)Tina S: Could you please provide the account number?
darin chester: here is my acct # (deleted)
darin chester: doesn't surprise me - Dish has done some wonders with my account over the last couple months.
(03)Tina S: May I know if your account is bundled with any telephone company?
darin chester: I'm unsure why this has to do with my initial concern. But yes, it was bundled, I received an ATT employee discount so Dish un-bundled the account. Now it has been reverted back to a bundled account because of the mix up.
darin chester: Again - doesn't make any sense why we're wasting time on looking up accounts.
(03)Tina S: I am sorry, we do not have access to bundled accounts.
darin chester: Again - shouldn't be of concern - i'm a customer and this is an outlet that Dish provides to customers - I would think Dish owes some gratitude towards bundled customers.
(03)Tina S: I am sorry, you feel that way.
(03)Tina S: We are always there to help you.
darin chester: Are you going to answer my question - the chances of having an HD feed?
(03)Tina S: I am sorry, I have retrieved the information.
(03)Tina S: We do not have an update as of now.
(03)Tina S: Once we get the update we will surely inform you.
darin chester: Thanks,

I did a live chat - flipping ridiculous customer service my fellow subscribers! Hey, but they're always here to help!!!
Could have been worse, they might have been rude to you. Now try calling your employer at the ATT Dish support number, like you're supposed to.

Im a big yankees fan.. and would love to see them in HD. BUT... beyond the playoffs what content does TBS carry? I'd hate to lose a channel like SciF or USA for a bunch of sitcom rerurns and old movies.

Charlie will probably come through a day late and a dollar short -- after the TBS playoff coverage. Then we will have another stretch-o-vision channel and Dish will think we are happy because we got TBS HD...

I guess we don't all have inside information - like you do? WTF does that mean - who else do subscribers turn to for questions?

Besides - it's Tech Chat - not CSR.

They're worse - it's pointless - more than anything just a testament to the fact that we're not getting any information, no matter who you are or who you know.

And we wont get TBS HD.

I guess we don't all have inside information - like you do? WTF does that mean - who else do subscribers turn to for questions?

Besides - it's Tech Chat - not CSR.

"I guess we don't all have inside information - like you do?"

Like I do? Sorry but the only one with inside information here is Scott.

"who else do subscribers turn to for questions? "

You come to Satelliteguys.us to find out.

"Besides - it's Tech Chat - not CSR"

Tech Chat is for Technical issues with your equipment or receivers, not for future programming.

Don't shoot me for trying to get info on TBS HD - seems to be the hot topic.

That's why I posted what I did - Tech Chat or not - they're all idiots.

Are we lucky to have the MLB Playoffs in SD?

Believe it or not there are thousands of people in the Chicago area who will be shut out tonight. They do not have cable or satellite television. Therefore, they will not be able to see the Cub game.

If I send Dish Network an e-mail thanking them for providing TBS-SD will they know I'm being sarcastic?

Are we lucky to have the MLB Playoffs in SD?

Believe it or not there are thousands of people in the Chicago area who will be shut out tonight. They do not have cable or satellite television. Therefore, they will not be able to see the Cub game.

If I send Dish Network an e-mail thanking them for providing TBS-SD will they know I'm being sarcastic?

I don't know.. I wouldn't do that. Dish may take it as doing people a favor.

Reality Check?

Ok, maybe it is time to face the truth. Just some thoughts/questions, perhaps too cynical!
  • How many of us were surprised when E* announced they were putting new HD channels out in August? I sure was since I was under the impression that it probably could not happen until there were new birds.
  • Since it was possible to implement new HD channels, then why didn’t E* do it sooner? Maybe a tech issue, but maybe because E* was already charging us for broadcast fees associated with HD; thus, increasing their profits while they look like heroes when they delivered in August, not to mention makes them the “HD Leader”. Who doesn’t think at some point E* (and D*) will not change their packages and pricing?
  • At the same time (in July), they announced more to come in Sept – what did we get? 9 pay-per-views and the Big 10 channel with its 4 alternate channels and History HD. Other than an occasional interesting game (and most interesting games will be on ABC/ESPN family, CBS, etc.), as I am not “in” the Big 10, I won’t watch Big10 Network. As for PPV, yeah, it does generate income for E*, but NINE PPVs? Split the difference - how about 5 PPVs and 4 additional HD channels?
  • Regarding MLB playoffs on TBS, why not cut a deal with TBS to show the games on the HDEV1 channel, 9465? Heck, why not make it available in PPV for that matter?
  • E* knew they needed more satellite bandwidth – why wait so long to put the birds in orbit?
Add all this up, and my guess is two fold: $$$$ and other than an occasional channel here and there, if we do not see something significant in the next week or so, we won’t get much until the new birds are up and functional.

NINE PPVs? Split the difference - how about 5 PPVs and 4 additional HD channels?
  • Regarding MLB playoffs on TBS, why not cut a deal with TBS to show the games on the HDEV1 channel, 9465? Heck, why not make it available in PPV for that matter?
  • E* knew they needed more satellite bandwidth – why wait so long to put the birds in orbit?

Totally agree about the PPV's...

Totally Agree about The HDEV1 Channel and why not use it...

Yes E* knew and if it wasnt for a recent explosion from there launch provider (sea Lanuch) they would have a couple of new birds up now. Because of this they have been unfortunatly delayed.

I watched the Phils today in HD TBS on Comcast!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts