Response from E* on TBS HD

Dish would have had it uplinked if they would add it today, I am sure they don't just pop a channel up unless it's uplinked first.

They can uplink it at any time, then make it available immediately. Obviously the way things usually work is a channel is uplinked but not available to subscribers until sometime later (sometimes never). That doesn't mean they couldn't do a last minute uplink, pending negotiations.

That said, I don't feel E* will add it today. I would love to be surprised though.

I'm getting more and more tempted to have D* along with my E* subscription.

Today in my MultiChannel News column, I prod Dish a little bit...

Lets hope it helps. :)

TBS HD and More HD from DIRECTV - The Satellite Dish - Blog on Multichannel News

Well said Scott. TBS HD is a must for E* right now, specially since all major providers already have it. MLB Playoffs begin today and it will be a huge disappointment for us E* customers not to watch the Playoffs in HD. They already struck out with MLB Pass, they should at least try to get us the playoffs in HD.

I think they will get it today. No information at all about it, but really, how hard could it be if you are already getting the SD version, so no major contractual hang ups. Considering what is on the line here, I believe that at 3:00 est, you E* subs should be able to enjoy my Phillies on TBS HD. If you are going to cry foul, I would wait until the fat lady sings.

That would sweet!

This is my chance to see the Phills post season (I was 11 in '93), I want to enjoy it in HD.

I think they will get it today. No information at all about it, but really, how hard could it be if you are already getting the SD version, so no major contractual hang ups. Considering what is on the line here, I believe that at 3:00 est, you E* subs should be able to enjoy my Phillies on TBS HD. If you are going to cry foul, I would wait until the fat lady sings.

Yeah, I don't think TBS is driving a particularly hard bargain seeing as pretty much every cable operator came to an agreement on it over the weekend.

I just don't think it will happen today...as much as I'd like to have it too, I have been forced to re-sub to TBS on my old big dish just to get a decent picture quality for baseball...Dish has clearly stated their isn't an interest...(or so they say) however, I do look for some more infomercial/test/information channels to come today, probably get 6 new shopping channels, 3 new HD demo channels, 6 new DISH 101 channels...LOL

TBS HD on Dish

Great site guys! I sent an email to E* last night complaining about not having TBS HD. I mean, I'm a Cubs fan and we don't get these kind of opportunities too often...so I'd like it in HD! Anyways, they sent a response that is not promising at about 8:15 AM this morning...here it is...much like the others I've seen here......

Dear DISH Network Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. Specific information regarding your request for TBS HD is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to HYPERLINK "DISH Network -- Home"DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

DISH Network E-care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts