Response from E* on TBS HD

I have been saying for the past few weeks that Dish would NOT have TBS HD in time for the playoffs. Unfortunately I was correct.

I wrote a MultiChannel News Article about Dish being the only MSO without a TBS HD deal in a hope that it would prod them to come to some last moment deal. Unfotunately that did not happen.

I sit in a very unique position that I am able to write and that my writings are read by over a million people each month including the CEO's and VP's of the Satellite companies.

I enjoy being a consumer and I enjoy calling it as I see it, and I dont worry about offnding anyone or any company. If the companies take my comments the way I mean then hopefully it will mean better tv for all. :)

I have been saying for the past few weeks that Dish would NOT have TBS HD in time for the playoffs. Unfortunately I was correct.

I wrote a MultiChannel News Article about Dish being the only MSO without a TBS HD deal in a hope that it would prod them to come to some last moment deal. Unfotunately that did not happen.

I sit in a very unique position that I am able to write and that my writings are read by over a million people each month including the CEO's and VP's of the Satellite companies.

I enjoy being a consumer and I enjoy calling it as I see it, and I dont worry about offnding anyone or any company. If the companies take my comments the way I mean then hopefully it will mean better tv for all. :)

I think this is probably one of the worst moves E* has ever made. It's not like people have never watched the entire baseball playoffs in HD. People have been watching the baseball playoffs for years in HD. And now all of a sudden after all these years they can't watch in HD anymore. That's a step backwards.... And that is why ALL the other major providers have added TBS-HD. They understand that you can't go backwards. This really pi**es me off. This has got to be the single worst decision that E* has ever made. I think they are underestimating the anger this will / has caused. This is nothing compared to not having the BigTen network....:mad:

Cox cable even has a deal with TBS HD!!! E* had better get it together soon, or people will start jumping ship. :cool:

Scott you were so right when you wrote today that it was the bottom the ninth dish uo to bat two stikes and we found out that dish really has no balls.:D

I'm just as hot as you all are.. At first I was cool and then when dish did nothing today.. It made me hot enough to go head and put an order in for directv to be installed on friday.. Take that charlie! You just lost a damm good sub!

I have checked on prices from Direct. I am very close myself. I am going to give them 2 months to respond.

I'm just as hot as you all are.. At first I was cool and then when dish did nothing today.. It made me hot enough to go head and put an order in for directv to be installed on friday.. Take that charlie! You just lost a damm good sub!

That's exactly what I'm going to do! D* here I come!

we appreciate the effort, Scott..I guess they just don't get how important the baseball playoffs are to a majority of their subscribers...

I'm curious, of the 13+ million E* subscribers, how many subscribe to HD . My guess is, it is not a majority of their viewers. I consider myself an average tv viewer who has HD and I could care less about having TBS to watch maybe a few weeks of intermittent HD. I'm sure the majority of E*s subscriber base, who just happen to be sports fanatics, will watch the playoffs on TBSs SD because they don't subscribe to HD.

ATT can't buy this company fast enough. Maybe then someone at E* will be interested in competing again.

What happened to all the Charlie apologists that were in this thread early on?

I may regret this later

I'm not trying to be flamebait, but I cannot understand what the big deal is. Obviously Time Warner put baseball on TBS to get all of the cable/sat/fiber providers to carry the HD version also, but after the playoffs are over we're all stuck with stretch-o-vision versions of Who Loves Raymond, Seinfeld, Friends, et al. Even though I'd love to see the games in HD, it's not enough to make me do a programmer/equipment switch and commit to a new 12/18 month contract.

Therein lies the scam. The trend is to add as many not so HD channels that provide little HD content and a lot of stretched SD to dupe the average non-technical viewer that they are viewing HD because it fills the screen. In my opinion, this is the biggest marketing scam of the century and all the programmers and providers are getting in on the action. It's all about channel count in the race to be the HD leader.

I really think the satellite carriers should be interested in not wasting bandwidth for upconverted SD. DirecTV is a pretty sleezy company though so they'll probably just invent channels if things get difficult.

As it goes, TBS in SD looks better than NESN in SD... :)

I really think the satellite carriers should be interested in not wasting bandwidth for upconverted SD. DirecTV is a pretty sleezy company though so they'll probably just invent channels if things get difficult.

As it goes, TBS in SD looks better than NESN in SD... :)

aren't they already inventing #'s? they calling each upcoming on demand channel an HD channel :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)