Response from E* on TBS HD

I thought it was a bit ironic, that Dish thought that more people cared about the the Big 10 network in hd, than people who cared about watching Major league Baseball playoffs in HD..
No offense to the college football fans out there, but I couldnt care less about the Big 10 in HD, but, I really feel shafted not being able to watch the MLB playoffs in HD..
Yeah TBS pretty much sux normally, and, no, I don't need another place to watch Seinfeld stretched to "pretend HD", but, The Big Ten over MLB playoffs????
Talk about being out of touch with what your clientele really wants!

Anyone's anger should be aimed at MLB because they make exclusive deals with certain programmers to carry special events, like the playoffs. It's all about money. MLB obviously cares less about their viewership because if they did, they would make every effort to maximize viewership and not sell the rights to one station.

that maybe so, but it appears that every provider except Dish decided that the playoffs were worth whatever MLB/TBS decided to extort from them to carry it...
BTW, congrats on winning the first game last night; enjoy it, since it will be your last win of the season!:D

Anyone's anger should be aimed at MLB because they make exclusive deals with certain programmers to carry special events, like the playoffs. It's all about money. MLB obviously cares less about their viewership because if they did, they would make every effort to maximize viewership and not sell the rights to one station.

The nice thing for me is I get to be angry with E* regardless. Seeing's that I still don't have HD Locals (a year after promised), it wouldn't matter WHAT deal MLB made, unless it was with ESPN. I just want to watch the playoffs in HD!!! And yes - I'm upset and jealous that every other provider in the known world is getting every network (including locals) in HD that I want, and MY provider is getting nothing. Yeah - Big10. I get to see an extra Penn State game once in awhile. Yippie.

The nice thing for me is I get to be angry with E* regardless. Seeing's that I still don't have HD Locals (a year after promised), it wouldn't matter WHAT deal MLB made, unless it was with ESPN. I just want to watch the playoffs in HD!!! And yes - I'm upset and jealous that every other provider in the known world is getting every network (including locals) in HD that I want, and MY provider is getting nothing. Yeah - Big10. I get to see an extra Penn State game once in awhile. Yippie.
Perhaps you are with the wrong provider. Maybe you need to find a provider that has the programming that you want. No provider, whether it be cable, dbs or fios, will be able to provide all the programming that every one of it's subscribers wants.

I've been an E* customer for almost 9 years but whenever anyone asks me about switching to, or getting satellite, the very first question I ask is "how important is domestic sports to you and your family?" If it's a big deal then I tell them to look at D*, if not then I tell them to compare packages and pricing to see which service best fits their needs. This truth hasn't changed for a very long time and I don't expect it to in the future. Competition is a great thing, it provides choice. If your not happy with your current provider find one that fits your needs better.

NightRyder

As if it wasn't bad enough, now I get to watch the Yanks/Indians on TNTHD until the Phillies game is over, then they are going to move the game back to TBS.
Now I'll get used to the HD, then I will be have to switch the crappy picture.

-SNT

wow Dish customers get to see 1/2 inning of the MLB playoffs in HD. Make sure you DVR it, b/c that's all we'll see. Thanks Charlie you are the best!

Why is the TBS feeds on TNT? I mean the picture quality in HD looks fantastic but.. :)

Overflow coverage. The Rockies game ran long. Don't worry, the repeat of Law & Order will come back on after the next commercial break. And you'll get to watch the rest of the game in glorious standard definition.

That sucks.. I didn't even want to see Law and Order,.. a friend of mine just told me that TBS was on TNT feed for him so I went and looked.. :)

Sucks that it isn't intentional and didn't happen during the Red Sox game tomorrow instead. Yankees suck.

Here is a hypothetical. If you had to choose between TBS HD, with the HD playoffs and years of stretchovision, or something like SciFi HD, with a mix of up-converted and true HD, what would you pick?

I suspect E* didn't jump on TBS HD because they have to be picky with their limited bandwidth. Personally, I'd much rather have a channel I will enjoy in the long run. Then again, I don't care about the playoffs, so the decision is easy for me.

It's quite possible that TBS wanted E* to take the whole channel and not just the games too...

I'm not interested in stretchovision in the least.. A&E and TNT make droo sad. :)

Course now DirecTV and Dish will be competing for who has the most Stretchovision channels by the sounds of it....

Here is a hypothetical. If you had to choose between TBS HD, with the HD playoffs and years of stretchovision, or something like SciFi HD, with a mix of up-converted and true HD, what would you pick?

I suspect E* didn't jump on TBS HD because they have to be picky with their limited bandwidth. Personally, I'd much rather have a channel I will enjoy in the long run. Then again, I don't care about the playoffs, so the decision is easy for me.

TBS-HD hands down. My avatar pretty much explains my answer.

Thing is I don' t care about or watch SciFi HD... If we were talking ComCentral maybe I'd be interested slightly but South Park in HD isn't really a big deal to me... :)

I guess if it were me, I'd go watch the game at a bar or a friends house and get a channel I actually want at home.

Mediacom cable is cluesless when it comes to HD so cable is not an option. I don't do the bar thing and no friends with D* who have HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)