Retailer Chat Recap - November 10, 2009

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to another SatelliteGuys recap of the Dish Network Retailer Chat. While chats are meant for Dish Network Retailer we only report the items of interest to you the consumer and do not discuss dealer sensitive information such as costs or profits.

This chat is done in near realtime, I watch via a Slingbox and can pause the video and take screen shots as needed.

SatelliteGuys.US is proud to offer this service to our members!

This thread will be unlocked once the first update is posted from the chat!

Welcome Home to SatelliteGuys.US!

As we get ready for the start of the chat, it must be ZZ Top Day at Dish Network, we are treated with Legs, Sharped Dressed Man and Tv Dinners before the show starts.

Lets hope this chat has some "legs" I want to hear some HD plans. :)

Here we go the show is starting...

A number of NBA players welcome us to the retailer chat.

Dont look like we will be seeing any programming announcements, the schedule is for talk about Team Summit 2010, New Marketing and Retail services...

But we will keep watching and report anything of interest just incase they slip something in.

Jim is happy with yesterdays announced 3rd quarter numbers. ALthough he things they can control costs better.

Team Summit is May 11th to the 13th in San Antonio. ZZ Top will be playing at Team Summit (that explains why the ZZ Top music before the show)

I saw ZZ Top a few years ago, and they sounded great for a 3 man band, the sound was ultra clean.

Still talking about Team Summit.

Now talking about NBA League Pass. A long ad for NBA League pass is shown.

Now on to marketing talk. Todays marketing talk is pre taped.

The Cinemax for a penny deal is going to be available through January. They would rather have retailers use the promotion as a closing tool instead of advertising it.

Talking selling DHPP and Trouble Calls.

Leslie Harper has a new job at Dish, she crying and saying goodbye, she wont be on TV anymore. She is REALLY crying and saying thanks to everyone.

Damn Leslie, I enjoyed hosting radio shows with you every year at CES, we worked well together as you saw for this years Scotty Chat. Leslie was also very SatelliteGuys friendly and acted as our tour guide for many of our SateliteGuys Team Summit events.

I am going to miss working with you and thank you for everything that you have done for us. Thank you Leslie!

Thats a wrap and a disapointing retailer chat. Next retailer chat is from CES on Friday January 8th. I will be there in person for this chat. :)

The Cinemax for a penny deal is going to be available through January. They would rather have retailers use the promotion as a closing tool instead of advertising it.

Does that mean we will be able to extend it for another year? Mine is up this month. Could I extend it until next Nov. ?

Does that mean we will be able to extend it for another year? Mine is up this month. Could I extend it until next Nov. ?

I am hoping the same thing - mine was last charged on December 1, 2008, so I am hoping I can squeeze out another year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)