Status
Please reply by conversation.

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
Hello

I have received an odd phone call about 20 minutes ago. I was having a direct tv install tech coming out this afternoon to fix an issue I am having with my wired deca dropping the connection at about 45 minute intervals ever since I had a software update on my genie two days ago. I have the hr-54 and the c61k installed at my house. I received a call from there tech dispatch center asking if could change my install appointment to the 8-11 amtime slot instead of my 12-5 time slot, when I asked why they informed that they are starting to install RB Lnb in my area and that not all techs are trained for the install for the LNB and the tech that could install it had an open time slot in the morning so I changed to the morning time slot, correct me I am wrong. however, I was under the impression that the RB LNB where not out in the wild yet or not being installed, unless that has changed in the past three weeks. Will the Reverse LNB Require new wiring or will existing direct tv spec wiring work? And will there be a new dish install? Or will my current dish that is installed work. Has Anyone got there Reverse lnbs or bee called by customer care to have them come out install it?

For the AM-21 has anyone got it to work on the HR-54 as I have found several on amazon that are new and appear to be from reputable dealers on amazon so if I buy one does direct tv support it and do they offer replacement or weren’t swap out etc. and is the am-21 supported on the HR_54 genie system

Why did the Genie go go away? If I order it online would I be able to get support for it, it through direct tv if I were to again order it off amazon and would it work on the genie HR-54 system?

A few things I've gleaned from SolidSignal's forums as well as a recent chat with a DirecTV CSR:

- The HR54 will require a total of 7 tuners instead of 5, because the Reverse LNB lines require 2 of those tuners. It's likely you'll have to have a SWiM-16 device as well, and the HR54 will have to be dedicated to one partition (I'm sure there's a better technical term than that) of it, and any other DVRs/receivers will need to attach to the device's other side

- Reporting says that the Reverse LNBs aren't necessarily required at this point, but perhaps DirecTV is going forward and moving ahead with getting the new LNB situation out faster than originally anticipated; don't know.

- Regarding GenieGo, I've been informed that a newer Genie (or substantially similar) receiver will incorporate the tech within it, as well as (what's already been reported around here) 21 tuners. Not that you'll be using literally every tuner, but that 4K is going to require those channels as bandwidth for live broadcasting of 4K content.

At the end of the day, reporting around here seems to indicate that to have full 4K functionality at your premises, you'll need the changed-out portion of the dish that includes Reverse LNB and you'll have to have an HR54 for the additional 2 tuners that 4K requires (and that you won't technically be using on the front end).

I'm sure others will chime in as they see fit :)

EDIT: Please see this link: #20

This week I purchased a Reverse Band LNB on Ebay and had a DTV tech install it with the HR54 and C61K. The RB LNB has support for 21 tuners so SWN-16 not required as long as total tuners less than 21. No new wiring or dish required as long as there is a Slimline dish. He removed my 16-SWM as well as the 29v PI. I then put back a 21v PI because I was getting audio hum and needed to add an in line isolator which blocked the power from the HR54.

I have the AM-21 and a GenieGo 2 and both work fine. DTV will support AM21 but since they dropped the GenieGo I have heard they will not do new activations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.