RFD HD now live

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Didn't see it posted.... I know there are several who wanted this.

I was actually surprised there wasn't a thread started on it already ;)

It went up at 5pm ET, and is available in the HD200 and higher, also the a la carte RFDTV includes the HD version.

This is exactly what Dish needs to keep doing, add HD programming to stand out from Direct TV, since Direct stands out for sports.

Hopefully it stays on for you guys. The only reason I say that is because it only shows in HD200, HD250, and a la carte on internal sites.

I don't plan on reporting the discrepancy anytime soon (since its a new channel and such).

according to the uplink its available

4231(231) - RFDTV [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 19 ConUS beam (RFD TV) (A) (H)
4231(231) - RFDTV [MPEG4 HD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 16 ConUS beam (RFD TV) (A) (H)

A means available
H means hidden to non-subs

One thing that surprises me a little bit is that they're still launching new HD channels on 129. (I know RFD HD was in testing mode for awhile) But even also OWN HD was launched on 129. I thought that since Echostar 14 got launched last year on 119, all new HD channels would launch on 119 from now on. Or am I mistaken?

One thing that surprises me a little bit is that they're still launching new HD channels on 129. (I know RFD HD was in testing mode for awhile) But even also OWN HD was launched on 129. I thought that since Echostar 14 got launched last year on 119, all new HD channels would launch on 119 from now on. Or am I mistaken?

Mistaken 119 is core for SD and bunch of LIL.

They just had a show called Parelli's Natural Horsemanship that was some beautiful outdoors HD w/horses. Like watching some good westerns in HD. Polka was on earlier in HD, which for some reason my dad enjoys.

It's on 9449, and all the HD channels are mapped in the 9000 range.

They actually had more programs in HD than even I thought (e.g. Parelli, America's Heartland), and the HD quality is very, very good. Maybe Dish is just giving them extra bandwidth for a little while but, as pointed out above, the outdoor shots (e.g. horses, farms, fields) were gorgeous. Without going over-the-top, it really does give new meaning to the phrase "America the Beautiful".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts