RG-6 Connectors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
chadzx11 said:
Really? None of the places I buy from carries anything but the XLs, so I didn't know there was a difference, just thought somebody got a defective bag.

Here is their website that shows both types (click on drop, drop connectors, page 2):

http://www.ppc-online.com/catalog/catalog.cfm

The black plastic is the only difference, so when buying these connectors make sure it says XL (Extended body).

quad shild digicon compression fittings with quad shield. The dif in size between quad and reg RG-6 is alot. I would never put a quad shild fitting on standard RG-6 and expect a good seal. Just my 2 cents.

dcwebman said:
I don't need an expensive compression tool as I don't do too much, usually only when I move. Anybody know if the Zenith ZDS-5061 can handle RG6 quad too?

I have 3 of the zenith ones, they are ok for quad shield and regular rg 6 or 59, they wont stand up to professional use thought, the rivet near the front always breaks and give out, had it happen 3 times on 3 different zenith crimp tools.

I use the Compression tool from IDeal inustries, it is about 60 bucks at lowes, but it works great and is heavy duty, built like a brick sh#thouse and requires little hand pressure due to long lever handle to crimp those tight connectors.

Attachments

• ZDS-5061-L.jpg
    ZDS-5061-L.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 132
  • ideal crimper.jpg
    ideal crimper.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 187
Eric Goempel said:
quad shild digicon compression fittings with quad shield. The dif in size between quad and reg RG-6 is alot. I would never put a quad shild fitting on standard RG-6 and expect a good seal. Just my 2 cents.

I'll agree to that.

On the reverse, I've mounted a standard/trishielded Snap+N-Shield connector on quad shielded cable. It requires extral careful preparation and a really strong compression tool.

But you know that the seal won't fail on the connection.

compression connections and tool

partsexpress.com sells a tool that will do rg6 regular, rg6 quad, and even rca plugs for either rg6/rg6 quad. Tool about $35.00, connectors are not that expensive. I have had no problem with my kit so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)