Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess, but people like me have probably been calling nonstop and they finally changed their story to something definite at the same time.

Questioner said:
I guess, but people like me have probably been calling nonstop and they finally changed their story to something definite at the same time.
Sorry dude, but you will not find a single DirecTV CSR that will tell you that people in Connecticut will not be getting any HD RSNs. I know, because I've tried many times. They all say that you will get them.

Last edited:
CSRs are clueless, try talking to someone higher up at directv, mention what nesn is now saying about the limited coverage areas.

I did not get the info from you.

Questioner said:
CSRs are clueless, try talking to someone higher up at directv, mention what nesn is now saying about the limited coverage areas.

I did not get the info from you.

But I bet TVBob did.:)

holy toledo lemme get this straight...Here we are at the zenith of HD RSN hope....the only good news that D* has had in months..four more hours to go to RSN HD bliss.... and we have Satellite Blog Drama runnin' wild? :p :p :p

hold on while I go get some popcorn and a frosty beverage.

I thought up until this afternoon that I was finally going to be able to get NESN HD in my house, only to have those hopes dashed by someone at NESN who said it ain't gonna happen here in CT. I'm praying that she's wrong, and all the "lowely" CSRs are right. I just don't understand why they wouldn't offer it in Connecticut.

PaulieORF said:
I thought up until this afternoon that I was finally going to be able to get NESN HD in my house, only to have those hopes dashed by someone at NESN who said it ain't gonna happen here in CT. I'm praying that she's wrong, and all the "lowely" CSRs are right. I just don't understand why they wouldn't offer it in Connecticut.

When you use the zip code tool for sports markets what does it tell you?

I used a Hartford, CT zip and got the following current list for SD; and if those hold true, is someone you talked to above actually saying that the HD RSN markets are not going to mirror the SD? That would be totally INSANE and the fault of MLB and the respective owners, and no one else.

The 06101 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

With any TOTAL CHOICE® package:

FOX Sports Net New England (Ch. 620)
# Boston Celtics
# Connecticut Sun
# New England Revolution

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 621)
# New York Liberty
# New York/New Jersey Metrostars

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES) (Ch. 622)
# New Jersey Nets
# New York Yankees

New England Sports Network (NESN) (Ch. 623)
# Boston Bruins
# Boston Red Sox

FOX Sports Net New York (Ch. 624)
# New York/New Jersey Metrostars

SportsNet New York (SNY) (Ch. 625)
# New York Mets

Teams and ZIP Codes are subject to change. Blackout restrictions apply to regional sports networks. To view games of other pro teams (out-of-market) requires the purchase of professional sports packages sold separately.

Last edited:
So then said before, if the current claimed NESN markets, that reside outside of the Boston area, are being excluded, then they should voice their complaints to MLB and NESN.

Questioner said:
Nesn hd is only going to be on the boston mpeg 4 spotbeam.
More precisely, probably only STBs that are within certain zipcodes(Boston) will be activated. The spot beam itself could easily cover the area in question.

Questioner said:
NESN hd will only be available to those with boston hd locals, not hartford, doesn't matter if you get nesn sd in other places or not. Same goes for yes hd...you need to get the new york locals only. Hartford people really getting worked over.

When Providence locals go live, are they really going to not give them nesn hd? That's even lamer.
Where did you get your info from???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts