RTN again

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have ordered a GeoSatPro 1.2 M dish from SatelliteAV.

As soon as I get some funds together that's what I'm going to do. Two of them actually. The shipping only goes up a little when you order two. One of them will be set on 125 with 119 (for NASA until I get another C-Band dish) and 129 off to the sides. The second one will go on 83 with 74 and 79 on one side and 89 on the other. The motorized will get everything else.

You know.....it just dawned on me, since the Equity channels were about the only channels (that I know of) that aired RTN and now they don't, just who is RTN putting this signal up for....besides us?

Jim
RTN has about 50-60 affiliates. All those S2 channels on AMC3 are affiliates

Here in MN we have RTN in Duluth/Hibbing (WDIO 10 and WIRT 13). What sucks is those are owned by Hubbard Broadcasting and they own all the ABC's in MN and only those 2 have RTN. Hey Hubbard...dump your 24/7 news repeat channel in Minneapolis and add RTN!!

This past winter when it was really cold I was able to get the repeater I believe out of Hibbing on Digital 11 and it had CBS, NBC, The CW, MyTv and the NewsCenter repeat channel you speak of but no RTN. I'm guessing maybe the ABC repeater will be turned on when the new deadline hits..........I'm being hopeful because International Falls has decided not to go digital with their repeaters at the present time.
Once it warmed up I was no longer able to get it but I think I may take the amplifier off of the UHF antenna and put it on the VHF antenna and try it again.

This past winter when it was really cold I was able to get the repeater I believe out of Hibbing on Digital 11 and it had CBS, NBC, The CW, MyTv and the NewsCenter repeat channel you speak of but no RTN. I'm guessing maybe the ABC repeater will be turned on when the new deadline hits..........I'm being hopeful because International Falls has decided not to go digital with their repeaters at the present time.
Once it warmed up I was no longer able to get it but I think I may take the amplifier off of the UHF antenna and put it on the VHF antenna and try it again.

Inno
They're 2 different stations.
WIRT 13 is the ABC affiliate and has RTN On subchannel...they use to be on digital 36 but are now on 13
KRII 11 is what you got. Their tower is about 25 miles north of WIRT and has NBC, CBS, MY, CW & weather on it. Both are digital only

Int'l Falls just has repeaters and they are not required to go digital yet

Inno, when I finally found RTN I was working with my stb & a 5" B&W TV at the dish site with maybe 5 or 6 ft of cable between the lnb & the stb. After finding the rtn I had to micro-adjust the skew at dish position to get images that didn't freeze.

Iceberg, when I looked up AMC3 on lyngsat, I did not see any RTN affiliates. Are they on c-band or ku-band? (If this is "classified" information, let me know.)

Inno
They're 2 different stations.
WIRT 13 is the ABC affiliate and has RTN On subchannel...they use to be on digital 36 but are now on 13
KRII 11 is what you got. Their tower is about 25 miles north of WIRT and has NBC, CBS, MY, CW & weather on it. Both are digital only

Int'l Falls just has repeaters and they are not required to go digital yet

I looked it up on TV Fool last night and it looks like the ABC tower is putting out way less power than the NBC one (which I was able to get). Too bad.
Well, I'll mess around with it on AMC9 some more.

I thought I had read that somewhere, and that they had new antennas on order which were not installed yet. That would be very sweet for me!!! The picture quality on some of the stuff on 11.1 was pretty good although I didn't have it connected to my HD set, just to the 720p projector downstairs. We have no other OTA digital signals here. TV Fool shows CBC from Winnipeg as being on a digital 5.1 (real channel 48) but I was never able to capture it.......although as I look at it my parabolic UHF antenna is facing the wrong way for that one.......I've got some more playing to do!

I wasn't aware that CBC was digital OTA anywhere. Perhaps the maps are wrong, dunno.
If you punch in 56649 (Int. Falls) in TV Fool it comes up with info for that and the Fox repeater (45) is supposedly digital but again I haven't seen evidence of that here.

I wasn't aware that CBC was digital OTA anywhere.

I'm north of Toronto (Willowdale) and just barely receive digital CBC as I do not have a clear line of sight to the CN tower. Their signal is extremely weak compared to some of the American channels. CBC is just 38kW, but others are even weaker, CityTV 2.2kW, SunTV 2.81kW, Global 3kW etc.... In contrast, the CW from Buffalo is 1000kW.

I wasn't aware that CBC was digital OTA anywhere.
When conditions are just right I can get CBC on 4.1 from Ottawa and the French version on 9.1. I have also (just once though) got Omni on 27.2 and Sun TV on 20.1 and 20.2. When we get the roof done this summer I plan on raising the antenna a bit and updating cable and perhaps adding a signal amplifier.

I was having difficulty receiving the RTN E and W KU feeds on AMC-9 for the past few weeks. I checked 11735 H 4440 today - it scanned in "Video 1" with PIDS - 308 video/256 audio/8190 PCR.

Anyone else getting this?

thanks,

Joe

I wasn't aware that CBC was digital OTA anywhere. Perhaps the maps are wrong, dunno.
If you punch in 56649 (Int. Falls) in TV Fool it comes up with info for that and the Fox repeater (45) is supposedly digital but again I haven't seen evidence of that here.

its not...there is a construction permit for them to "flash cut" to digital on the same channel (45) but map to KQDS "normal" channel (21) like DUluth is

All the stations in Int'l Falls are analog and the Big 3 are owned by the county. Fox is owned by Red River
International Falls 45 A K45JD ON FOX KQDS-TV 8.83kW 120 Red River Broadcast Co.
analog at 8.83kw
International Falls 45 D 21 K45JD-D CP FOX KQDS-TV 45W Red River Broadcast Co.
construction permit for 45 watts :eek:
International Falls 49 A K49BU ON ABC WDIO 909W 120 County of Koochiching
International Falls 51 A K51CM ON CBS KDLH 910W 120 County of Koochiching
International Falls 53 A K53CQ ON NBC KRII 910W 120 County of Koochiching
translators at 900+ watts owned by the county

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)