RTN Gone on AMC9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just looked at my broadcasting loop. that i subscribe to. Below is what an enginner posted about RTV. He posted it yesterday at 1:30pm

If you are a station out there taking the Ku RTN feed, they lost the
transmitter last night and hope to have it up tomorrow morning.

The dish's we have are the old BUD Solid Fiberglass dishes. They aren't warped, and as far as mesh spacing. there is no spacing as it is heavy duty commercial fiberglass and you can't see through it. As far as the paperwork goes we don't have any. I'm not sure how old they are, or their specs we've had them for about 10 years but acquired them from a previous owner. We have always used them for C-Band, but if I can get RTV on them better than my 1.2 then i'll try it out.

Get a prime focus Ku LNBF and try it out. If the dish is up to ku specs and it works a 10 foot should do a fine job. Usually though an offset will work better on ku than a prime focus, especially if an incorrect LNB is used.

RTN Back and a ???

So I just checked and RTV is still down here, :( . Correction... :up It just came back on!

:)

:luvlove:

But my real question is this...

Can anyone tell me why I can have the arc nailed down so I get every sat with decent quality and still normally only get quality of 24 for RTV? :confused:

If I fine tune the dish I used to be able to peak RTN at 45(q), but then the rest of the arc was off and would loose lock on a few other sats? I get AMC-9/3f at 67 for signal and 99 for quality. Is there something I am missing? I know they had a weak signal to begin with but that should not get better if I aim off the sat a bit, right?

SV HD8000

SG 2100 Motor
DigiMonster 39" Offset Dish
(DWD-90T 85x93.5cm)
Invacom QPH-031
Chieta WSD-2041 Switch

Last edited:
Your elevation may be off or your due south is not lined up exactly.

So I just checked and RTV is still down here, :( . Correction... :up It just came back on!

:)

:luvlove:

But my real question is this...

Can anyone tell me why I can have the arc nailed down so I get every sat with decent quality and still normally only get quality of 24 for RTV? :confused:

If I fine tune the dish I used to be able to peak RTN at 45(q), but then the rest of the arc was off and would loose lock on a few other sats? I get AMC-9/3f at 67 for signal and 99 for quality. Is there something I am missing? I know they had a weak signal to begin with but that should not get better if I aim off the sat a bit, right?

SV HD8000

SG 2100 Motor
DigiMonster 39" Offset Dish
(DWD-90T 85x93.5cm)
Invacom QPH-031
Chieta WSD-2041 Switch

I'm sure glad I didn't mess with the dish and checked here first!

All is well once again. :)

I'm sure glad I didn't mess with the dish and checked here first!

All is well once again. :)

Before you ever mess with the dish do two things especially with Ku.

1) look at the radar at the uplink, if there are storms wait them out.

2) Check Satellite Guys and look for an issue. (post question if necessary)

Most of the time between those 2 things you'll get an answer. :)

hI ook up my 12 fooot dish for Ku
I was watching RTN most of the night. i only lost rtn west for about 10 minutes

total at a time. i had no east feed but the west feed had progranimg most of

the night. glad there back up and rock-in.:up

I need to put ku on my 12 foot dish. I seldom have any issues with very weak signals on c band. Usually my 2 ku dishes get the job done but not in very weak conditions.

I was watching RTN most of the night. i only lost rtn west for about 10 minutes

total at a time. i had no east feed but the west feed had progranimg most of

the night. glad there back up and rock-in.:up

lol I guess size does matter! The bigger the better!

Thanks Gary Z and THANKS RTV!

Your elevation may be off or your due south is not lined up exactly.

I suppose the zero position could have been slightly off on the motor when I got it. :confused: I'll have to dismantle the dish, do a hard reset on the motor and realign the whole thing this weekend if the weather is nice enough. :eek: My dish has a window of 1.8 degrees on KU band so it is a pain in the axx to find the correct sat when initially setting up (and the slightest adjustment makes a world of difference). Anyway...

The kids and I are really excited to have the RTV feeds back again! :up

Time for some Magnum PI. :D

Oh Happy Day! :)

Both RTV feeds are back up an running for me now! Just in time for the Rockford Files! They may have both come up before, but I was busy with other projects and wasn't watching the telly.

Now I can go back and watch my fav's again! Thank you RTV!

It actually seems a little stronger right now than usual, too. Not a lot, but a bit more that could make a difference.

Excellent!

RADAR

THERE IS A GOD! And I agree, it is stronger than before.....sq 89....

THERE IS A GOD! And I agree, it is stronger than before.....sq 89....

Didn't you peak your polarity yesterday? That would account for the increase since it was probably off. Mine is the same as always 45-50 on the tight Pansat meter. Would show in the 90's on those other meters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)