Rumor Alert - SiriusXM Rumor!

No DISH just carries the Sirius music channels. (For some reason they do not carry the kids channel which stinks as that my sons favorite channel)

Although I do not listen to them nearly as much as the Sirius XM channels, I have always wondered why Dish Music Channels 923-946 are in America's Top 250 and Dish Latino Max.

Sirius XM was a reason for us to choose Dish Latino Dos actually when we were downgrading from America's Top 250.

If anyone wants a list of the Sirius XM channels or is trying to figure out exactly which Sirius XM channels are being discussed you may go to this site:
http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/SiriusChannelGuide.pdf

Of course, they will not include any new channels, yet (until it is updated again).

On another note, we like the Sirius XM channels more than the SonicTap channels that DirecTV offers. A family member as well found the Sirius XM channels a factor to switch from D* to E*. I think the Sirius XM channels are great for Dish.

I still wonder why Dish and Sirius XM did not do Sirius XM for Business like D* had. Anyone know?

Last edited:
No DISH just carries the Sirius music channels. (For some reason they do not carry the kids channel which stinks as that my sons favorite channel)
They carry "sirius special?" that seems to change a different non carried channel every month i.e internet only music channels

Yikes! I'm sure we all have plenty big A/V setups.

I like Sirius on Dish because The TV is always on it's just one button to switch from TV to music and the artists and titles bounce around the big screen. And I can start listening to 50's on 5, pause that, switch to TV2 and tune in 60's on 6. Then after a half hour or so channel 5 has enough in the buffer that you can FWD through loser songs on that channel. Eventually both TV1 and TV2 buffers are full and you can flip between channels just listening to your favorites. I usually do this an evening every month or two.
That is why it is probably different for me. My TV is seldom on.

In many regions of the country the broadcast music offerings aren't particularly varied and oftentimes not appealing at all. If you lived in such an area, it would surely make more sense to you.
I live where there is plenty of broadcast music and I haven't listened to an OTA radio station in about 5 years.

With that said, I would be willing to bet that most of those with cable or satellite that have music stations seldom listen to the music stations, no matter where they live.

And yet you're here.

I guess I shouldn't stereotype Dish TV posters as boob tube addicts like me.:rolleyes:
When baseball season starts and it is 100+ degrees outside then my TV is on a lot.

I am an outdoors mountain man. I prefer doing anything I can outside. But when it is hot I cannot stand to be outside. So I sit inside an airconditioned house and watch TV. :D

When baseball season starts and it is 100+ degrees outside then my TV is on a lot.

I am an outdoors mountain man. I prefer doing anything I can outside. But when it is hot I cannot stand to be outside. So I sit inside an airconditioned house and watch TV. :D
My brother and I each have friends like you. His buddy lives on a mountain in upstate New York and hikes through the forest in snow shoes when he's not downhill skiing like your avatar shows. My friend is in the mid-west and cross country skis but in the summer goes on month long walkabouts in the Rockies with no tent or gun.

Neither of us understand you people.

Lazyboys, adjustable beds, laptop on your lap, and big flatscreens in front of every seat... 24/7 365.:D

Last edited:
Another marketing ploy by Dish so they can call the Americas Top 120, Americas Top 160 to make people think that its a better value.

In the past 15 years, I think I listened to the music channels only once and that was during the Holidays with the holiday music channel.

Seriously, take it off my programming package and let me save the extra $1 or $2 its costing me per month.

My brother and I each have friends like you. His buddy lives on a mountain in upstate New York and hikes through the forest in snow shoes when he's not downhill skiing like your avatar shows. My friend is in the mid-west and cross country skis but in the summer goes on month long walkabouts in the Rockies with no tent or gun.
We have a good powder day today and I would be up in the mountains skiing right now if I did not have to work. Damn work.
Neither of us understand you people.
Heck, my own wife cannot understand me half of the time either. :p

I listen to willie's roadhouse ALOT.
A fiddle and pedal steel and you're there.

When old rock doesn't do it I go to Willies Roadhouse or BB Kings. Either can put you in touch with your sad side.

Not to mention Willies is THE place to enjoy my favorite adult beverage made by my avatar.;)

Listen to 60's on 6 and 70's on dish through the surround receiver a lot. Some nights I have it set in bedroom to go a xm channel after the news to fall asleep by. Very handy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts