S234 12-13-12

If you are watching a live program and recording it, if you exit and go back to watch the recording it always starts over. It has been this way since release, and is quite a pain especially with sports.

Yep. Same here. Very annoying. Been doing that before the last update though.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Not new to this update, but I wish timers would skip events that are not part of your subscription rather than taking up a tuner to record nothing.

I wished they would fix it so when you are watching a recording of a live program, when you pause it, you can resume from where you left off instead of starting over.

This is the #1 thing I wish they would fix, but I don't think they will since as far as I know, Dish DVRs have never done this. It is one Directv feature I really miss.

Man, this audio problem is annoying. It drops every couple of words on movie DVRs. I looked at the audio settings and it is set to Dolby/PCM. Any other suggestions?

I also have problems with FFing on DVR items it is extremely slow even on 300x.

I am on 234 as of 12/14

Both my Hoppers have the audio issue since 234, (mine were installed early Nov). I now lose audio for several seconds after the picture returns when FF or changing channels. Connecting toslink to soundbar directly is the worst, changing audio settings did not help & I had to connect R/W cables from DVR to soundbar to even use Hopper. Obviously this is a software update issue since the audio was fine before; it's also much slower in responding to channel changes than the previous software, & I found that when switching between Hopper recordings, both hoppers frequently show the wrong info (list for BR hopper shows up as the LR list & vice versa - that didn't happen before).

When you hit pause, you should be able to come back and press play and it starts where you left it. What exactly are you doing or is happening for you?

That's only if you are watching a recording of something that isn't also live recorded. What I meant was assuming I was 15 minutes late so I watch the recording and then pause it, what I want to do is resume from where I left off later in the day while putting the thing back on live tv in the meantime. I am talking about the same problem mentioned here:
https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1071

I wonder if we have actually been getting any non-guide updates the last few days, because guide stays on my Faves, and EHD has been sticking around.

I've got an ehd attached to each of my Hoppers. Only the one with a WD is being dropped. The Seagate has had no problems. I wonder if it's related to the brand of ehd?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)