S418 software for the Original Hopper

...seriously annoying for people like me who have to go into the dvr and "clean up" behind my wife to delete all of the crappy newsmagazine shows that she has watched! LOL
You mean I'm not the only one who has to do that ? What I'd really like is a "Show partially or fully watched recordings filter" that allows multi-select (and even "Select All") option to delete them.

One thing that bothers me about the Joey is that it takes about 2-3 seconds to respond to a power down, since S298 I believe. Still an issue on S357. Why is that?

Overall, I like the new changes and only see one problem for me. I like the new display when doing a search, but now there is no way to easily see "New" episodes unless you scroll through and look st every episode. No more little "New" icon...

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't know if this is new but the sat button turns on both the tv and the Hopper and the tv button turns both boxes off. This works my Hoppers but not the Joeys.

Very bad idea, I hate it.

This was the first thing I noticed.

When it's bed time, I turn off tv and continue watching in bedroom on joey.

Now it doesn't work. Can't "join" hopper from bedroom. :(

Not only that, by turning off hopper it loses the ability to rewind and pick up what I missed.

Haven't tried it while watching delayed on hopper. I sure hope it's smart enough not to dump the buffer when powering down the TV. :(

Do they really have to show "30 sec. skip" and "10 sec. back" on screen every damn time you push the button?

Do they really have to show "30 sec. skip" and "10 sec. back" on screen every damn time you push the button?
I do hope there's a setting to disable that ! When you press "Guide", does it also overlay the word "Guide" on the screen while it displays it in the background ? What about the DVR menu ? See my point, Dish ? The user probably knows what button they pushed....

The remote doesn't indicate the length of time the skip back or skip forward buttons will skip you. I like it, especially when I have guests who are using my Hopper because its earier for those non Dish friends to use the system.

I personally would've preferred for Dish to fix skip fwd/back to where it actually performs 30/10.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Really hate this new On Demand setup.. And is there anyway to get rid of the History Channel VOD spot in the guide.. It's the only one I see right now, but if I know Dish they are going to ruin my guide putting this VOD crap on there on every available channel. Which means my Guide is going to take longer to view.

Why does dish take away functional features when they update? I liked the new status on episodes so why change it for??

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Anyone else lose their "protected" icons from their list of recordings as well? Got home last night to find my Hopper updated, and noticed this. If you go into the Edit mode, it still shows that protect is "on" for the recordings I had protected, but it is a GIANT PAIN IN THE REAR to have to do this to see which recordings from the list are protected or not. :rant:

For that matter, the icon that used to denote an OTA recording is gone from all my recordings as well. :mad:

Tried a reset hoping they would come back, but no luck...still missing. Guess I'm in the club of losing more than I gained in this "update". :(