Sales Tax on DISH Network Satellite Programming in your state

Yes that is in Texas, I believe in CN the surcharge was over $3 it isn't in every state but it is hidden in many states billing.

I still don't know why a state charges satellite companies a fee for using its air space? Then we get a surcharge from the satellite companies for doing business in that state.

I still don't know why a state charges satellite companies a fee for using its air space? Then we get a surcharge from the satellite companies for doing business in that state.
It's the same old answer BECAUSE WE CAN. Just another way to hide costs (profit for DISH).

NY needs to be added to that list.dwarren also pays sales tax there.I'm guessing it's in the neighborhood of 3-5%.

From the government's point of view, a tax on cable or satellite service is the easiest to collect. Dish's job is to be the politicians tax collector.

It's the same old answer BECAUSE WE CAN. Just another way to hide costs (profit for DISH).

Ok which satellite or cable company is non-profit? It used to be a business who had a tax or fee or any other increase imposed on them usually just passed on the increase to its price to the customer. Now some businesses tell you that they received a new fee or surcharge by calling that charge to the customer by its intention. The phone company here has its separate fee for the Federal government's internet program. Wait until you see all the fees Obamacare generates even on non medical related items and services. About a decade ago there was increases on steel prices because of US trade policies. The increase in steel prices was passed along as a "steel surcharge". Many of you complain of "Dish fees",you should read the fees imposed on my electric bill. And my phone bill for that matter.
If people are concerned about the satellite tax,the most productive way to show distaste is to direct your ire at whomever imposed the tax.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)