SatDreamGR on Edison OS MIO 4K

Well, I'm not at present using a USALS dish, but you always have to load the local map coordinates on the receiver for USALS use one time. Then it calculates all the rest. So the setting must be there somewhere after choosing USALS.

In the LNB configuration menu setting for the motorized dish, select DiSEqC type 1.2. Now the USALS option is available and the install Longitude and Latitude is entered once.

If you configure another LNB configuration for a different dish or feedhorn, you may configure for fixed or motorized DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS.

Reactions: primestar31
Think I got it to work now, must have bad alignment, had set it up for 89 and 95 and wouldn't get 89 but 85 worked. Haven't used the motorized dish much this winter so maybe the frost heaved the cement block a bit. Added a few more sats this am and they all work fine, this receiver/software combo is quite simple to set up and works very well in USALS mode.
I am using a very old Stab HH120 by the way.
Next operation is to program in all the diseqc positions for the C-band sats for the ASC1.

For the most part, I like this image. But, I found that it needs additional repositories so that I can install OpenVPN on it like I can with OpenVIX. I've heard that an update to the SatDreamGR image that'll include additional repositories.

For the most part, I like this image. But, I found that it needs additional repositories so that I can install OpenVPN on it like I can with OpenVIX. I've heard that an update to the SatDreamGR image that'll include additional repositories.
@johnnynobody your STB was shipped with The North American Project, which is a mod of the SatDreamGR image. The TNAP image does not provide automatic updates and will not have the the latest files from the SatDreamGR repositories.

You could install the SatDreamGR image in a multiboot slot if you wish to have the latest build and available frequent updates.

I might just try that out. I like to experiment even though it gets me in "trouble" from time to time. Overall, this is the nicest receiver I've had despite certain quirks. Yeah, I know, I'm hard to please. :biggrin

Reactions: Titanium