satellite galaxy19 is missing from my FTA reveiver . .how do i add it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2md

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
USA, Maryland
Hi . .i was given a fortec star 5900 fta receiver/dish and would like to set it up to get persian / kuridish channels here in Maryland (21045).. from what i underastand i need to point to Galaxy 19 for that. But when i go to setup to select galaxy 19, i don't see it . .there are some other satellites that also missing in selection list as well .. am i missing something here? are these satellites suppose to be preprogrammed in the FTA reveiver? can i add them if they are missing or am i out of luck? thanks.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!!

Look to see if there is a listing in it for Galaxy 25 or G25 that is what bird used to be at the 97W slot.

Based on the age of that receiver, the satellite name would be different. As satellites are replaced or owned by different companies, the names are often changed. The current name for the satellite is Galaxy 19.

Look in the satellite list for an old satellite name Intelsat America 5 (IA5), Galaxy 25 or Telstar 5. The key is to choose a satellite that is listed at the 97w orbital position.

The previous replies you have received are both correct but if you are unable to determine which sat name in your list, or it doesn't have one for 97W, here is another option.

Select ANY satellite from your list, it really doesn't matter, especially if you are just going to use it for a fixed installation (pointed to one satellite only, 97W in your instance).

As long as you have a functional system, the correct setup info, and have the right parameters entered for the transponders/channels you want to receive, it will work just fine.

Iceberg, I have Telstar 5 but it is defined as 263.0 not 97.0. I don't have any sat listed at 97 degree for selection.

phlatwound, how would I change the parameters of, let's say Telstar 5, so that it would be at 97.0 degree? when I go to setup, i see the below parameters that I can change. what would I change each to?

Satellite: 263.0 Ku-Telstar 5
Transponder 11749V 7232 3/4
LNP Power 13/18V
LNB Type 9750/10600
22KHz Auto
Switch Type None
Option None

I am Very new to satellite stuff and i guess i need a bit of education here! By the way, what exactly is the transponder? is that a physical equipment or has to the with signals being sent/recieved?

Thanks again.

Thanks.

......phlatwound, how would I change the parameters of, let's say Telstar 5, so that it would be at 97.0 degree? when I go to setup, i see the below parameters that I can change. what would I change each to?

Satellite: 263.0 Ku-Telstar 5
Transponder 11749V 7232 3/4
LNP Power 13/18V
LNB Type 9750/10600
22KHz Auto
Switch Type None
Option None

I am Very new to satellite stuff and i guess i need a bit of education here! By the way, what exactly is the transponder? is that a physical equipment or has to the with signals being sent/recieved?

Thanks again.

Thanks.

I'm guessing that the 263.0 corresponds to 360 degrees minus 97 = 263, you may not be able to change it, and you don't need to anyway I don't think. As Iceberg said, Telstar 5 is the one you want, that will work fine.

Is the transponder info you listed above (11749V 7232 3/4) the correct parameters of the channels you want to receive? If so, you are good there. If not you need to enter the parameters of an active transponder on 97W and do a manual scan to see if you are aimed correctly, or you could do a blind scan if your receiver is capable. You can find some active transponders on "The List" tab at the top of each forum page.

Need to know the LO frequency of your LNB to know if the 9750/10600 is correct. I believe that is the correct setting for a Universal type, if yours is a standard type you would want to select 10750 for the "LNB Type" setting.

Not sure about the 22KHz setting, but if you don't have any switches you could set that one to "Off".

Please list your receiver, LNBF and dish models, and describe your setup (switches, motors, etc.) and we can get you some better answers.

And a transponder is part of the satellite in space, it is the part that is programmed with the frequency, symbol rate and polarity, to deliver the signal to us here on the ground.

That transponder isnt active....check thelist at the top of the page and match up a transponder in the list in the menu
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - 97.0°W Galaxy_19 Ku
just scroll left right or up down to select a transponder

As for the LNB type
LNB Type 9750/10600
22KHz Auto

we really need to know what writing is on the LNB. It will say exactly what the receiver needs to be set at (like 9750/10600 or 10750)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts