Satmex transponders geting weaker?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mainorm

Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I bought a 8' dish from sadoun and 13k lnbf cheapo from ebay and I have a pansat 2500 receiver when I set up the sistem i was geting all the chanels from satmex after 2 weeks the transponders started to get weaker and weaker to the point that some of the transponder I was geting 60% quality now i'm geting 30% and just can watch them I been trying to realing the antenna but that's the best I can get 30% could this be due to a faulty LNBF?

I am not sure in your case but on my 10' dish which is aligned and tuned near perfect, satmex is has some tp's that are pretty low. Others boom in.

I don't have specific tp frequencies but there is a huge variation in signal strength among tp's on that satellite.

Kind of reminds me of Intelsat 9. It is that way too.
There may not be anything wrong with your setup. If you have nudged the dish around and can't do any better - it's probably the satellite.

which Satemex?

5 or 6?

6 is at 113W and 5 is at 116.8W

Also I've had those "cheapy" 13K LNB's crap out in the cold...when the temp gets below +10F the LNB will not get H polarity....now maybe where you are its due to heat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts