Scalar Ring ? again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
First I have a DMX741, should I set the ring to the feed horn markings or to the chaparral chart.
The reason I ask is between the two there is about a half an inch difference. On my big dish I had it set to the dmx chart but when I was trying to pull in the ku signal it when up about 12% quality when I moved the ring closer to the end of the feed horn, which was about where the chaparral chart would have been. So Could this mean that my focal distance is off? I came up with the focal length @ 45in. Be for I got the dish home the lnb was set to 42.8 which would make the depth @ 21in. When I measured it, I came up with 20in depth. Is it more likely that I measured wrong,or the original installer was wrong. Hope this rambling makes sense to someone. Thanks Long Hair:eek:

i agree with brentb636. i also have a dmx 741 and used the chaparral chart and got great results. also maybe check (if possible) that the vertical and horizontal polarity probe wires inside the feedhorn your 741 are straight. mine were bent curved so when i straightened them my c and ku quality readings improved dramatically 10-20 percent. it probably isn't easy to do but in my case it was well worth it.

Thanks for the reply guys. I was thinking maybe the focal distance might be off,because I had to move the ring closer!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)