servo motor repairs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
I got started on my big dish and have had good success so far. I think i have a servo problem. I can hear it clicking as if it is turning the rotor but it only lets me get either vertical or horozontal channels. like on G-3 I can get Faith TV but none of the RTN's.

Is it possible that the servo was some how turned and won't allow full rotation the full 280 degrees? ( just a guess)

i have already ordered a new servo just in case, but how do you know when it is aligned correctly?

I got started on my big dish and have had good success so far. I think i have a servo problem. I can hear it clicking as if it is turning the rotor but it only lets me get either vertical or horozontal channels. like on G-3 I can get Faith TV but none of the RTN's.

Is it possible that the servo was some how turned and won't allow full rotation the full 280 degrees? ( just a guess)

i have already ordered a new servo just in case, but how do you know when it is aligned correctly?

Some of the old Co-Rotors and Polorotors had a stop built into them. Yours could be one of those.

If not, make sure the Co-Rotor if it is one has the Ku and C-Band LNB at the 10:30 - 4:30 positions. If C-Band Polorotor, make sure the C-Band LNB is at the 4:30 position.

Can you explain the 4:30 position?
Like when you look at a clock, imagine a line running from the 4:30 position through the center to the 10:30 position. Then look at the LNB from the back, facing the dish, and put it on that imaginary line from 4:30 to 10:30...
Hope this helps you understand...!!

ok just for clarification one more time. When i look down the throat of the feedhorn, the little antenna should be angled or slanted on a line that would connect 4 and 10 on the clock face?

sorry but i am a little thick.

ok just for clarification one more time. When i look down the throat of the feedhorn, the little antenna should be angled or slanted on a line that would connect 4 and 10 on the clock face?

sorry but i am a little thick.

Not any more than I am at times. :)

When the feed-horn is mounted on the dish, and you look at the dish on your True South Satellite, if you have a Co-Rotor, Ku lnb and C-Band LNB, the Ku LNB should be at the 10:30 position as if you were looking at a clock face.

If you only have a polorotor and C-Band LNB olnly, the blue servo motor will be at 10:30 and the C-Band LNB will be at 4:30.

Hope that helps. :)

You should be standing on the ladder, looking at your dish.
The Ku LNB at 10:30, The C Band LNB at 4:30.

Attachments

• 10300430.jpg
    10300430.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)