servo motor repairs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
I got started on my big dish and have had good success so far. I think i have a servo problem. I can hear it clicking as if it is turning the rotor but it only lets me get either vertical or horozontal channels. like on G-3 I can get Faith TV but none of the RTN's.

Is it possible that the servo was some how turned and won't allow full rotation the full 280 degrees? ( just a guess)

i have already ordered a new servo just in case, but how do you know when it is aligned correctly?

I got started on my big dish and have had good success so far. I think i have a servo problem. I can hear it clicking as if it is turning the rotor but it only lets me get either vertical or horozontal channels. like on G-3 I can get Faith TV but none of the RTN's.

Is it possible that the servo was some how turned and won't allow full rotation the full 280 degrees? ( just a guess)

i have already ordered a new servo just in case, but how do you know when it is aligned correctly?

Some of the old Co-Rotors and Polorotors had a stop built into them. Yours could be one of those.

If not, make sure the Co-Rotor if it is one has the Ku and C-Band LNB at the 10:30 - 4:30 positions. If C-Band Polorotor, make sure the C-Band LNB is at the 4:30 position.

Can you explain the 4:30 position?
Like when you look at a clock, imagine a line running from the 4:30 position through the center to the 10:30 position. Then look at the LNB from the back, facing the dish, and put it on that imaginary line from 4:30 to 10:30...
Hope this helps you understand...!!

ok just for clarification one more time. When i look down the throat of the feedhorn, the little antenna should be angled or slanted on a line that would connect 4 and 10 on the clock face?

sorry but i am a little thick.

ok just for clarification one more time. When i look down the throat of the feedhorn, the little antenna should be angled or slanted on a line that would connect 4 and 10 on the clock face?

sorry but i am a little thick.

Not any more than I am at times. :)

When the feed-horn is mounted on the dish, and you look at the dish on your True South Satellite, if you have a Co-Rotor, Ku lnb and C-Band LNB, the Ku LNB should be at the 10:30 position as if you were looking at a clock face.

If you only have a polorotor and C-Band LNB olnly, the blue servo motor will be at 10:30 and the C-Band LNB will be at 4:30.

Hope that helps. :)

You should be standing on the ladder, looking at your dish.
The Ku LNB at 10:30, The C Band LNB at 4:30.

Attachments

• 10300430.jpg
    10300430.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)