Setup problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ishare

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Ok, I have a 6ft mesh dish w/linear actuator, and servo controller on C band LNB. Pansat 9200HD receiver. I have acquired a V-Box for moving the dish, but I havn't found a solution to operating the servo on the LNB. Do I need a newer LNB and program the skew in the receiver or am I attempting the impossible with the hardware I have to work with, or am I just missing something. I want to accomplish siting in on several sats on C band like I already have on KU with motorized dish. Any and all help with a solution is greatly appreciated, Thanx. :confused:

If you can find a cheap analog receiver you could control the servo,
or buy a newer voltage controlled lnb(f)

Newer LNB-F ?

If I buy a new LNBF, are the settings done in the programing of the receiver, IE: Skew setting in antenna setup. or where and how do I program for the skew settings. I just looked and I don't see a skew setting in the antenna setup on my Pansat 9200HD Thanx

HI, another option is the Pansat 3500 SD. Some of the other Pansat receivers may also work. The 3500 can control the old servo motor. You could also manually move the probe to either vertical or horizontal by wrapping the tips of some needle nose pliers with tape and carefully move the probe.

Hope this helps, DC

LNBF

BSC621-2 C/Ku Would this work as a solution?? Thanx

When using an LNBF, skew is set when it's installed, like an offset dish.
There are 2 probes inside, 1 for Horz & 1 for Vert, the receiver will switch between them according to what is entered for the Transponder.

BSC621-2 C/Ku Would this work as a solution?? Thanx
If looking for a C / Ku Combo unit, I would get the DMX741. I have used the BSC621, but have not tried the newer BSC621-2.

PS 2700A

I recently tested some servos with a PanSat 2700A receiver. It's also
a pretty good blind-scanner.

I'm sure there are other old makes and models out there capable of skew
adjustments in the antenna set up menu, just look for the connectors
on the back. See pic, 5v, pulse, GND.

I never did try the servo/LNB combo on the dish, as I went with a Universal
type C-LNBF, which automatically switches polarities.

Hope this helps.

PS; Right click the pic, open link in new tab, left click pic = close-up view.

Attachments

• 100_3549.jpg
    100_3549.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 161
Skew setting

I guess what I am really missing is, on my KU band setup with a HH motor, the skew is automatic as the dish is tilted as it moves to the appropriate sat. , on the 6ft Dish it has a "Linear" actuator. So I am assuming that there is no tilting of the dish like a HH motor. So, how is the skew adjusted when moving from 1 sat to another, or is this not an issue on C Band Bud w/ linear actuator. Thanx :confused:

The dish is still skewed by the actuator just like your ku dish does. It just does it differently. As the actuator extends or retracts the dish does rotate. If you mark your dish at the top of the arc and move it east or west, that mark will no longer be at the top of the dish just like on your ku dish as it moves.

Kewllllllllllll

That is great, I now have all the info to make this work, Thanx to all with your help :eureka

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts