SG 2100 Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I moved it 2 degrees and now it does not find any satellites. Doesn't zero need to be aimed to my exact south?

No. I had to slip my SG2100 a tad to get it aligned onto the arc. The USALS is a little off, but the diseqc 1.2 is spot on. I use the USALS to get me close to the bird, then I nudge it using fine control and then I lock it's position into memory.
There is a way to adjust the USALS, but I never bothered with it.

1. It does not overrun zero. It only starts doing it 10-12 degrees either east or west of zero. The farther from zero, the move overrun.

2. It will program via diseqc 1.2 and returns to the place it was programmed to within about a half of a degree.

Since it does go back to the place it is programmed to with diseqc 1.2, I take it this motor is not USALS compatable? Any suggestions on a USALS motor that works with a Winegard 30"?

It sounds like you already contacted support and now have an RMA to send it back in. The motor may be bad. After they check it out, it will eliminate one variable.

Yeah there's something not right with it. It could be more than just USALS.

I went ahead and programmed in the sats I watch the most using Diseqc 1.2 thinking that would work as a temp fix until I send it back (probably tomorrow once they give me an RMA #). But it seems not to go to the same spot each time even with Diseqc 1.2. It can be a degree or two off and then be spot on at other times. I checked my mounts and everything is tight so something is not right with this motor. Thanks for all of the tips!

Send back my SG-2100 last week. Got an email today from DMSI:

"I've got the engineers working on it. In the mean time you may need to use position settings for accuracy. "

I got my replacement SG-2100 from DMSI today. It has the same problem with overrunning the sats using USALS on my Traxis 3500.

Sorry to hear that; DJ Rob.

Those people don;t have a clue? Or don't care!

Anybody know of a direct contact with Motech..

Double check your Long / Lat in the Receiver's USALS menu:
Long: 105 west
Lat: 39.8 north
If everything is OK, add 2 deg. to Your Lat. of 38.9, and try again.
Keep adding 2 deg. until you're close, and zero in.

Double check your Long / Lat in the Receiver's USALS menu:
Long: 105 west
Lat: 39.8 north
If everything is OK, add 2 deg. to Your Lat. of 38.9, and try again.
Keep adding 2 deg. until you're close, and zero in.

There's is a defect in these motors when it comes to USALS. And it looks like DMSI didn't test the replacement they sent me even though I asked them to.

Like with the first motor I bought, I have to add about 44 degrees to my Lat (and tell it I'm at 84 degree Lat. instead of 40) to get it close while using USALS. Even then, it still seems to drift and I have to keep adjusting that number drastically up and down.

I emailed DMSI yesterday but haven't heard back. I told them this one does the same thing and asked about an estimated time on a fix. I just want a motor that works like it is supposed to and not waste a lot of time troubleshooting this for them.

What I found is the motor is off 1/10th of a degree for every degree you tell it to move from 0 (zero position). So my south sat is 95W, tell the motor to go to G18 @ 123W the motor actually goes to 125.8W. I change G18 location to 120.2W so I can
still use USALS.

Possible you have your numbers reversed? I though if you entered a number more than 70 North it gave an error.

What am I doing wrong?

I thought I had the numbers in the correct places.
At first I put in:
Latitude: 39.88N°
Longitude: 105.12W°

That's when it would overrun...

I had to up the Latitude on my Traxis USALS setting to between 79N and 89N to get it close to going to where it is supposed to go.

What I found is the motor is off 1/10th of a degree for every degree you tell it to move from 0 (zero position). So my south sat is 95W, tell the motor to go to G18 @ 123W the motor actually goes to 125.8W. I change G18 location to 120.2W so I can
still use USALS.

Yeah I was able to subtract a degree or two from sats west of my zero and add a degree or two east of my zero. I never figured it out to be 1/10th of a degree. I'm sure that will help the techs at DMSI or Motek or whoever is really making these motors.

Shortly after I installed the replacement motor, I lost signal. I went out to find the connector on the motor that goes to the LNB had FALLEN OUT of the motor assembly. And before you ask, I had only hand tightened the connectors on the motor and the cables were very loose and had some extra length not to cause any unadded stress.

I sent another email to DMSI about the connector falling out and expected to hear from them Monday since I had emailed them on Friday about USALS still not working. They did not contact me. I called today and they said "they will have someone call me back."

Can anyone suggest a GOOD motor to use with a Winegard DS-2076 30" dish or am I stuck with trying to make an SG-2100 work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts