SG 2100 Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just heard back from DMSI. I'm happy to say they sound serious about figuring out the USALS problem on these sg-2100 motors. They have forwarded the info I gave them (including this thread) to the higher ups. In the meantime, they are sending me a new SG-6000 motor to test to see if it has the same issue since they are planning on also carrying the SG-6000 in the future.

That's strange. I called them and they said that the only motor that would work with the Winegard dish I have is the SG-2100. So are you saying any of them would work?

I would think Sadoun's DG280B (with the 42MM shaft) should work similar to the SG-2100. I'm guessing the issue is that the shaft on the SG-2100 is closer to the front of the motor and the dish clears, but with the central shaft on the DG280B your dish might actually hit the front of the DG280B motor.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/PowerTech/Dg280 003.jpg
http://www.dmsiusa.com/images/sg2100/2100-winegard.jpg

You probably don't want to hear this, but it might be worthwhile to upgrade to a 90CM dish and a DG280B. Use the 76CM for a fixed setup or a friend. :)

I got a good deal on my SG-2100, but since USALS doesn't work it turns out to not be such a deal. Now I am wishing I should have gone with the DG280B like I was thinking in the beginning. :confused:

It looks like that motor is good. I googled it and it looks like the "B" model has a plastic tube though. What if the dish is torqued too much on it?

I wish I could get all of the best stuff now - like a bigger dish and an HD receiver. But I have to do it SLOWLY since the wife doesn't understand this hobby or why I should spend money on it. When I met her, she only had a 19" TV with rabbit ears. LOL

Hopefully I can pace it so I'll have a BUD by Summer! :D

I tell mine that i could always go buy a big bass boat and be gone most of the time :D

at least with this i'm home most of my off time and around the house :)

I got the SG-6000 motor from DMSI yesterday and had a chance to install it today. So all of this is what I have seen in an hour or two of testing it out.

One big thing is that USALS works on this motor! It's pretty dead on wherever I have pointed. I'm at 105W and it hit 61 -129 with no issues.

It seems to be a little better quality overall. I just found that Satcom1 had also compared the two motors (SG-2100 vs SG-6000) and posted his findings here a few months ago. He said pretty much what I have seen so far...the only difference was that my box didn't say Sonset Digital on it and but had a website address on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts