SG9120 Nightmare

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
first of all let me say i am VERY experienced with setting up motors and most installs only take me a few hours to get on the entire arc, i have setup 10-20 in my time,

i used to have an SG2100 on fortec 36 incher and recently moved homes, so i got myself an SG9120 with a 1.2m dish,

this install has been a nightmare, 3 days in total so far,

pole is perfectly level and strong, could get about half the arc then make a few adjustments and i would lose the first half and get the other half,

i have finally realized what the problem is after three days, my WHOLE DAMN MOTOR BRACKET IS BENT!!!!!!!

if i put a level across the motor bracket back at the mounting post it is 100% LEVEL, then i put the level at the FRONT of the bracket (out by the motor) and it is WAY OFF!!!

is there any way to correct this? im thinking about just putting my SG2100 with 36 incher up and be done with it cause im so pissed off :rant:

it only took me a matter of hours to install it at my old home and im sure it would be the same here,

im also not impressed with the design of the SG9120 where the cables come out of the motor they will hit the dish shaft when it turns, very poor design, i didnt have this problem with my SG2100,

also the latitude indicator is not very precise on this motor, not like the SG2100, im not very impressed, it seems like they have taken a step back with this motor

I know NOITHING about motors, but I know a little about business.

Who is the vendor? Is it one of our GoldSponsors?
Have you contacted them directly about the problem?

If it is a problem that they will not deal with, the rest of us have a "Need to Know" .
POP

Mikey,

We are the importer and distributor of the SG9120 & SG9120B, therefore, we'll be taking care of any warranty or defect issues directly.

I'm sorry you are having troubles with it. Is it the SG9120 or the SG9120B? Can you please email me some photos of the back bracket?

I'll be glad to swap the motor for you for a brand new one if it's a defect.

Give me a call at the Los Angeles branch at 818-485-8350 and we can work it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.