short black outs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
HELP! HELP! DVI! Problem with Update

After the update my DVI connection cuts out every 3 seconds. All other conections work just fine its just the DVI output that is beening affected in all Res Modes. Any Ideas????

alton987 said:
After the update my DVI connection cuts out every 3 seconds. All other conections work just fine its just the DVI output that is beening affected in all Res Modes. Any Ideas????

That's strange. I also have DVI and everything looked fine this morning and last night. Just as a check (you probably did this), check your connections and resolution on the STB has to match the resolution of your display.

Also, try to unplug/plug the STB to see if that brings back to normal. Please report back.

Sean Mota said:
That's strange. I also have DVI and everything looked fine this morning and last night. Just as a check (you probably did this), check your connections and resolution on the STB has to match the resolution of your display.

Also, try to unplug/plug the STB to see if that brings back to normal. Please report back.

Tried everything, Factory Reset, Unplugging, Holding the Power Button down for 5 secs, switching res. I tried everything I seen in this forum. Voom was stumped they are going to send a new Box...

Did they fix the 720P not working on DVI? I haven't had a chance to test it on my pj yet.

I too am losing my DVI 1080i signal on a cycle every hour or so. In my case they solved one set of problems I had, only to introduce another. And yes, my TV is set correctly.

Ok, last night (before I got the update), I watched VOOM all night without a single breakup, or this new black out issue I'm having? I don't know if it's the update, but it seems every few minutes my box will black out. I will lose, picture and sound for just a second then it will come back on. Anyone else having this issue? BTW this is happening on more than one channel. I've been trying them all, and so far it's happening with all of them. :(

I think I had a similar problem this morning, though it wasn't that often. Could you please do the following experiment: bring the Surf Bar or the Info box up, and keep it on as long as you can. When the next black-out happens, see if the info box disappears with the picture. If I remember correctly it did for me, which would prove that this is not a broadcast issue...

hmmm... I justdid a reboot, and haven't seen a black out yet? Hopefully it's gone. Btw Ilya, how did you correct yours? And how many times did it do it to you? Mine was about every five or so minutes.

ok blackouts are back, and it does get rid of the info guide, when I have it up... yet if I put it on the signals page, it doesn't black out at all for some reason? Also the black out actually blacks for a split second, then it switches to a fuzzy screen, and sound is gone. Then it returns to full picture and sound.

GeneWildershair said:
ok blackouts are back, and it does get rid of the info guide, when I have it up... yet if I put it on the signals page, it doesn't black out at all for some reason? Also the black out actually blacks for a split second, then it switches to a fuzzy screen, and sound is gone. Then it returns to full picture and sound.

I have not seen this yet. Do you have your screen saver off?

I'm having the same problem as reported here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10487

Losing signal on a regular cycle. Also should be noted that if I hit the red button to cycle output it will no longer give me a picture on 480p or 480i - nothing but snow.

I no longer have to unplug ther receiver every two hours, it is shutting itself down on a regular basis :eek: !

Shleprock said:
I'm having the same problem as reported here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10487

Losing signal on a regular cycle. Also should be noted that if I hit the red button to cycle output it will no longer give me a picture on 480p or 480i - nothing but snow.

I no longer have to unplug ther receiver every two hours, it is shutting itself down on a regular basis :eek: !

yeah it's the same snow picture I get if I cycle thru with the red button, but I can get an image after it snows a second, on every picture output.btw I am also using DVI.

switched to components, and I don't see the snow when cycling thru the res outputs. Maybe the blackouts, or "fuzz outs" will be gone now, without DVI connected?

owlbox said:
HDCP compatibility problems maybe???

I don't think my DVI cable is HDCP. They were not supplied to me by my VOOM installer. Maybe this is the problem, as my picture, and sound go out every few minutes?

owlbox said:
HDCP compatibility problems maybe???

I don't think my DVI cable is made for HDCP. They were not supplied to me by my VOOM installer. Maybe this is the problem, as my picture, and sound go out every few minutes?

Gene,

I assume you disconnected the DVI cable from your set before trying component.

So you get this on both component and DVI in 1080i mode? Does it occur just as often with both component and DVI?

Btw, what is your display? Does it support HDCP?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)