short black outs?

pOiNTBLaNK said:
I've experienced the blackouts with both component and dvi. It's not about which connection shows the blackouts more becase both are random. I've gone hours on DVI without the blackouts then out of nowhere it rolls around, same with component.

you may be right about that. In any case it is there, and it's ugly! Need to get rid of it, it is highly annoying!

I am having this problem also since the update. I am using a DVI cable to my Mits WS-55513. I have not tried the component cables yet. I researched my TV and it says 'one HDCP-equipped DVI jack'. I hope this is fixed very soon. :mad:

After finding out that I couldn't use DVI other than straight to my PJ last night, I didn't experience the 'black-outs' reported. V* was also on with the plasma this morning, and in an hour and half time, no black-outs.

I may not of had V* on for a long enough time for the problem to manifest itself. I'll make sure it's on for an extended period tonight.

Bill

I hooked up via component this AM, disconnected the DVI input. Looks as though dropouts have stopped. No dropouts since in these last 6 hours. Maybe it's good to go.

Here come the blackouts-just got the update this morning and at first didn't notice any blackouts-have just seen 2 of them in the last hour-one on HD News and the other on Discovery HD-annoying for sure-PLEASE FIX THIS WILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eschu97611 said:
Here come the blackouts-just got the update this morning and at first didn't notice any blackouts-have just seen 2 of them in the last hour-one on HD News and the other on Discovery HD-annoying for sure-PLEASE FIX THIS WILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way-I am hooked up via DVI to a Mitsu-65313

720P now works through DVI with the software update, WOOHOO! I set my box to Auto since the 480i images look much better when upconverted by my pj, that way I can scale it any way I want it.

The cables are bundled with the STB, so you should receive them all. If you cancel Voom service, you are supposed to return the cables as well.

Yes, he should leave a set of 3 RCA for analog, a set of Component, a 6' DVI and a long phone cord.

eschu97611 said:

More and more folks are coming out about these black outs. Wilt is looking into them, and reports he's not seen anything yet. Let's hope he does, and finds a way to fix it! BTW, I have only been home a short time, and have yet to see it black out today. We'll see how the rest of the night goes. If anyone has any more of these tonight, PLEASE post about it!

I also get 1 second blackouts every minute or so when I attempt to connect using DVI. Component still works ok. My display is hdcp compliant and the DVI connection and cable work fine connected to my Zenith SAT-520 (for DirecTv).

Gr8Reb8 said:
I also get 1 second blackouts every minute or so when I attempt to connect using DVI. Component still works ok. My display is hdcp compliant and the DVI connection and cable work fine connected to my Zenith SAT-520 (for DirecTv).

Last night when I switched to components, I noticed it still blacked out, but it wasn't nearly as often. Even before I went to bed, I think it stayed on about an hour or so without blacking out. Today since I've been home I haven't noticed any black outs, and the stb/set has been on for a good 3 hours now. I don't think it's totally gone, as others like you are still seeing it. Hopefully Wiltm,and the gang at VOOM will get to the root of the problem!

Lem52 said:
He left all the cables except for the DVI. Is the DVI connection better?

Lem52

It all depends as some say it is. I find it clearer. Anyway, you should get a DVI cable. Call VOOM.

One thing I like about the DVI is the Autoselect feature, it makes the SD programming look much better when my PJ handles the 480i scaling. PQ on DiscHD is a tossup comparing my 6000/component vs VOOM/DVI. I find the colors are much more true via DVI. I think the Dish image is a bit sharper so it's hard to compare.

Blackouts

The upgrade sure doesn't seem to be worth it yet...I am also getting the blackouts periodically. My TV (a JVC AV-36DF74 has a "DVI / HDCP Digital Interface". I am currently using the DVI connection. Like the lock-ups, I believe this is related to the new software upgrade as I didn't have the problem before. I can live with this one but once the wife starts complaining hten we are in trouble... I hope they are on it! Anybody have any idea if they are attempting a patch?

I watched last night for around 4 hours and I saw no blackouts....not on OTA or Sat. No lockups yet either. Only issue was, as reported already on another thread, a no sound on a channel switch (only once though).

I will see what goes on tonight...!!!

Blackouts are inconsistent. Sometimes I don't see them for hours, sometimes they happen every couple of minutes. Strange...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)