short black outs?

GeneWildershair said:
I went ahead and did a factory reset. Don't know if it will do anything, but we'll see.
And we haven't heard from him since then... :yikes
Jay, are you still ok? :)

Fix soon

from Wilt on the Yahoo board

"We're close to a fix, I'm told, on the black screen issue you guys reported and the "missing" channels should be back.
Talking days her for the fix, I'm told.
Wilt
"

rang1995 said:
from Wilt on the Yahoo board

"We're close to a fix, I'm told, on the black screen issue you guys reported and the "missing" channels should be back.
Talking days her for the fix, I'm told.
Wilt
"
"We will see," said the blind man!!!!!-I want my DVI connection back-hurry wilt-mili-second blackouts forced a change to comp. for now.

Well, following up on my previous comment of no blackouts and then watching for extended periods since then on numerous channels with DVI on my PJ and I have yet to see one.

Bill

I have a HDCP compliant display, and get the blackouts too. Last night it was really bad on Bravo. I have emailed Voom about this a bunch with no response. Next time it starts up I'll call em see if they have any ideas for me.

Paddy

eschu97611 said:
"We will see," said the blind man!!!!!-I want my DVI connection back-hurry wilt-mili-second blackouts forced a change to comp. for now.

No, please don't hurry Wilt. Take your time to do it right. :)

Repost...

According to post by Wilt H, a fix is days away:
We're close to a fix, I'm told, on the black screen issue you guys reported and the "missing" channels should be back.
Talking days here for the fix, I'm told.
Wilt

let's see how long it's really going to take. i'm very close to just giving up on the whole thing (its a shame)... i'm trying my hardest not to let go but these problem are getting a little out of hand.

I hope the quote "things need to get bad before they can get better" starts playing on the second part of the statement real soon.

My TV IS HDCP compliant, but the black outs were once happening every few minutes or so then last night it happened every second even after rebooting, so I have since unplugged DVI from box and went to Componant. When will this issue be resolved and what is causing it?

mvitoff said:
... I have since unplugged DVI from box and went to Component.
Can you or someone else confirm that the black-out problem is only happening over DVI? I thought I saw it over component connection too, but I am not positive...

Ilya said:
Can you or someone else confirm that the black-out problem is only happening over DVI? I thought I saw it over component connection too, but I am not positive...
On my setup I get blackouts every minute or so using DVI (my display IS hdcp compatible). When using component, it works ok.

Ilya said:

I've gotten it on both, the first night I posted about this issue, but since then I haven't experienced any more with component.

Is VOOM Aware?

Is Voom aware of all these bugs? The grey screens, pg freezing with preview window only? I haven't called....just rebooted each time...but that's getting real old...doing more rebooting than watching TV.

kirkj,

Wilt thought the freezes were related to the blackouts, which they have apparently figured out. If a solution to the blackouts is days away, as Wilt said, perhaps new software to fix the lockups isn't far off. Perhaps around the middle of next week?

I'm still not quite sure I understand why you guys are constantly scanning through the guide. It sounds like some of you spend almost as much time in the guide as you do watching television. Normally, I go through the guide once by hitting the favorites button, and if there is nothing in HD I want to see, I watch the news, do some reading, browse the Internet, or run errands. And when there is some movie I want to watch, that's usually 1-2 hours without any sort of interruption or menu access, hence no lockups.

I've watched probably 8-10 hours of television since I got the new software, and only had two lockups, both of which were quickly fixed by holding down the power button on the box. Total down time was probably 10 minutes over 10 hours.

I think Jay's going to like hearing this one...:eek:

Last night I tried to watch a La Liga game on WorldSport. Ultimately it was watchable but for the first time I got the one-two whammy of BOTH blackouts as have been reported here AND a frame stutter. Until the software update I had not experienced either of these issues. After the update I went several days without seeing them and I did watch several shows straight through without incident. FWIW, I spent 5 years of my life doing computer animation so I know what a dropped frame looks like and until last night I hadn't experienced the regular frame dropping or "stutter" as others have reported. Last night the stutter happened randomly throughout the broadcast - I saw no correlation to what was being displayed such as fast camera moves or fast action on screen. Before the upgrade life was grand and smooth sailing with VOOM. Now I'm counting on Wilt to come through with a fix.

Other info:

No screen saver.
1080i display selected.
DVI connected to STB.

DVI Blackouts

My STB worked great via DVI after the new software but now I am getting periodic picture drops on the DVI port. I have monitored the picture on composite and it stays on while the DVI blanks out. I opened my projector menu and it shows a loss of signal when this happens.

Saturday it was doing it like every 10 seconds and it takes 1-3 seconds to establish the picture again so Voom was pretty much unwatchable via DVI, I had to watch the upconverted signal via S-Video. Sunday it was better, only periodic drops, maybe every 5-10 minutes, but it's still frustrating.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)