Sirius Lifetime Subscription

bases1616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
Orlando, FL
I just got off the phone with a customer rep and was asking her about the Sirius deals they had going on. I already have the XM lifetime deal that I got for $500 back in Sep 09'. I bought a new car and it has Sirius and of course you can not transfer the XM lifetime over to Sirius. So I just gave the portable radio I had to my wife and was looking at doing the same with a Sirus lifetime deal. $699 and it comes out to over $800 with taxes. I told the lady are you kidding me!!! That is over $200 more than XM with the taxes.

Does anyone else have the Sirius lifetime deal or do they recommend another way to go? I will probably have my car for at least 7 years so it pays itself off, but I could not believe it when I heard the price. I am interested in the Sirius Everything Plus The Best of XM. I also just noticed that XM has 180 compared to the 140 channels that Sirius has in there everything package.

DAMN! I got my SIRIUS lifetime sub the month before Howard Stern moved to SIRIUS. It was $400-$450, something like that. I figured it was cheaper than paying for SIRIUS every year of his 5 year contract, so I went for it (and bought an S-50 portable/car receiver). It paid off when he renewed.

However EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!????? Holy Crap. That's a lot. Too much, if you ask me.

If you have the XM lifetime package tell them that a rep told you that you can transfer it for a one time charge to a portable radio for $75 charge. I recommend the xm onyx. It's a great little portable radio and then you aren't waisting as much money. Sorry I wasn't there for a response earlier. I just decided to join and help people out.

I purchased my Sirius Everything lifetime sub in Nov. 2007 for $399.00. Feel I got a good deal. What the rep quoted you sure seems high.

What happens when you change a radio, new car or radio dies ?
It use to be that the Ifetime sub was gone with the radio its tied to,is that still the way it works.
I do Xm w/ BOS if it matters at all.

I just put a factory radio in one of the vehicles, IF I had the Lifetime on the portable, would it be useless now ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

It is very well known that Sirius and XM both services offer $77-$88 half price offers to anyone that calls to cancel with any effort. To me the service is worth about $100 a year, but not the $160-$200 range. I would recomend for your new car just paying for the first year then calling to cancel and see what they will do at the start of the second year.

It is very well known that Sirius and XM both services offer $77-$88 half price offers to anyone that calls to cancel with any effort. To me the service is worth about $100 a year, but not the $160-$200 range. I would recomend for your new car just paying for the first year then calling to cancel and see what they will do at the start of the second year.

Jason, this $ 77 deal you speak of, is that without the BOS ?
I get the BOS with my XM and it comes to avg. out to about $ 104 per radio per year ....(3 radios) This sound about right, or should I be trying to do better yet ?

I think Sirius/XM can stick their service as far as I am concerned :coffee a friend of mine let his contract with them lapse, he didn't have enough money in his checking account. They (Sirius/XM) went a head and charged his account (according to what he tells me) :eek: the bank gave them the money and then transferred from his savings to his checking with late fee's and bounced check fee's both from the bank and Sirius/XM, he claims he got screwed. :mad:Say's it took him almost 6 months to get his money back from Sirius/XM. the bank reversed the fee's in about 90days. :rolleyes:
Now here is the kicker, that was a little more than a year ago now. You guessed it his XM is still working.:confused:

I will try to see if this works for me when my renewal comes up in June and October. I have two radio's.

w6pea said:
I will try to see if this works for me when my renewal comes up in June and October. I have two radio's.

Just got my annual renewal notice. $187 and $15 royalty fee. Considering Sirius with best of XM does not broadcast MLB games I'm considering very strongly on dropping the whole thing. Now half that I would not even blink and just renew. Too bad they cost so much just for the truck.

Update: just called them to cancel my auto renew due to the price being so high in this economy. Was offered the next year at $77. No brainer for me and I was thrilled to take it. Feeling good about it too. Thanks for the discussion.

Early in 2011 I switched my primarily sub to Lifetime while it was still just $499. Glad I did now that it is $699.

Furthermore, 1-2 years ago they often had it down to $399 and no royalty fees. That was really the time to jump in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)