Sirius Lifetime subscription?

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Now that the trial sub. to Sirius expired on my Ford F-150, I'd really like to get a Lifetime sub with internet access thrown in. The strange part is (1) the offers I've received via email only mention the $77 deal for a year, and (2) on the SiriusXM website you cannot find any information on a Lifetime sub.

When I called Sirius this afternoon I was quoted full price on a Lifetime sub ($699 plus tax and other fees). The rep was insistent that I really wanted the $77 deal. Well, I just don't feel like dealing with Sirius marketing and billing every year. I'm hoping to get a Lifetime sub for no more than $400 - I just don't spend enough time in the truck to justify paying more.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone has gotten a discount on a Sirius Lifetime sub recently, or has tips on how to get one. Thanks.

A lifetime sub is not transferable to another radio when you radio is an oem radio. You better off buying a 2 year or 3 year subscription.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

I got a lifetime sub several years ago and it has paid for itself. I also got a discount on the other subs I had, so I feel I got a very good deal. I have transferred my radio once for $75.00 and I will be allowed to transfer it two more times. I transferred my radio because of new technology, so I will eventually have to transfer again, but I feel it has been worth the money I spent.

I'm hoping to get a Lifetime sub for no more than $400 - I just don't spend enough time in the truck to justify paying more.

Sorry, but that AIN'T happening - even on your BEST day! I BARELY got in on the $399 lifetime over TWO years ago around Sept 2009, when they had just added their "music royalty" BS fees on ALL their subscriptions, including lifetime plans - which added another $61 onto that existing lifetime plan. Because I was still on my trial sub, I was able to talk them into letting me have it for the "pre-royalty" fee amount - again, it took a LOT of talking & giving them a CC# upfront to bill it right then & there.

I don't know how long you're planning on hangin onto this vehicle, but if you keep it 5 years, it's STILL cheaper to go with their $77 offer. (compared to the non-existent $400 lifetime plan) If you add on the (lifetime) royalty fee, it goes out to 6 years.
Also contrary to Under's post - Scott IS correct; OEM radios are NOT (normally) transferable to another radio, so I would NOT put that into your equation, either.

Just take the $77 offer while you still can get it...

Sorry, but that AIN'T happening - even on your BEST day! I BARELY got in on the $399 lifetime over TWO years ago around Sept 2009, when they had just added their "music royalty" BS fees on ALL their subscriptions, including lifetime plans - which added another $61 onto that existing lifetime plan. Because I was still on my trial sub, I was able to talk them into letting me have it for the "pre-royalty" fee amount - again, it took a LOT of talking & giving them a CC# upfront to bill it right then & there.

I don't know how long you're planning on hangin onto this vehicle, but if you keep it 5 years, it's STILL cheaper to go with their $77 offer. (compared to the non-existent $400 lifetime plan) If you add on the (lifetime) royalty fee, it goes out to 6 years.
Also contrary to Under's post - Scott IS correct; OEM radios are NOT (normally) transferable to another radio, so I would NOT put that into your equation, either.

Just take the $77 offer while you still can get it...

I've had lifetime for about fours now. I think it cost $350. I never had to pay more for the royalty fee.

Also, I've heard from several people that once their trial was over in a new car, they kept getting sirius free. And still do, as far as I know.

I've had the lifetime since 2004. It was $499 then with the receiver, so if you are getting it for $350 consider yourself lucky. I am still using the same radio. One year they sent me a free boombox around Christmas for the receiver. Very satisfied with them! I believe lifetime is for the lifetime of the receiver, not your life span.

I've had the lifetime since 2004. It was $499 then with the receiver, so if you are getting it for $350 consider yourself lucky. I am still using the same radio. One year they sent me a free boombox around Christmas for the receiver. Very satisfied with them! I believe lifetime is for the lifetime of the receiver, not your life span.
it used to be transferable for $75..haven't checked lately tho

9. Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the Receiver equipment. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. Non Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play Receiver is transferable from one Receiver to another Receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in this Agreement. Automotive Receivers: A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a Receiver installed in a vehicle by an automaker or an automotive dealer, except in the event the original Receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of Sirius or XM, it is defective. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one person to another based upon a stolen or accidentally damaged Receiver you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in this Agreement. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of Sirius or XM, the Receiver is defective.

Transfer Fee: If you transfer a Subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another, you may be charged a transfer fee of $15 for all but Lifetime Plans. If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription Plan from one Receiver to another or from one person to another the transfer fee is currently $75.00. SATELLITE RADIO SERVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE TRANSFERABLE ONLY TO THE EXTENT PROVIDED FOR HEREIN. A LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT TRANSFERABLE IF IT IS ASSOCIATED WITH A RECEIVER INSTALLED BY AN AUTOMAKER OR AN AUTOMOTIVE DEALER IN A VEHICLE, EXCEPT IN THE EVENT THE ORIGINAL RECEIVER ASSOCIATED WITH THAT LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION PLAN IS STOLEN,

Last edited:
I called up last week about cancelling and was offered 5 months for $25 (plus royalty)
Rep said I could call up at the end and renew the promo. 5 bucks a month for xm is awesome.

I just emailed them and asked about the lifetime service cost for the radio in my new vehcile. Below is what they quoted:

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding your inquiry about Lifetime Plan.

SiriusXM offers Lifetime Plan on our preferred subscription packages. With this subscription, you receive SiriusXM service for the LIFE of your receiver.

Sirius Premier and XM Premier

$799.00 + $75.49 US Music Royalty Fee and taxes will apply depending on your service address

Sirius Select and XM Select

$699.00 + $75.49 US Music Royalty Fee and taxes will apply depending on your service address

This plan enables you to receive the quality programming that Sirius offers for years to come at a great price. You never have to worry about paying another bill for your service.

Please be informed or our Terms and Conditions:

A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the Receiver equipment. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms.

A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play Receiver is transferable from one Receiver to another Receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in these Terms.

A Lifetime Subscription is NOT transferable if it is associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original Receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of SiriusXM, it is defective. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one person to another based upon a stolen or accidentally damaged Receiver you will be charged a transfer fee set forth in these Terms. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of SiriusXM, the Receiver is defective. If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription Plan from one receiver to another, the transfer fee is currently $75.00.

My first sub was on an oem radio in a 2011 Sonata. the Sonata was totaled and when I called Sirius for a transfer to the new Sonata I asked the rep to waive the $75 transfer fee. He quickly did so as if it were no problem at all. My orig. sub. was $460 I think. I normally keep new cars for seven years so it iw a good deal for me.

It's actually cheaper to do the lifetime subscription even at 44.06 a month is what I pay for 2 vehicles that's 528 dollers a year if a lifetime is 400 that's a bargain even if you do it per vehicle I have 2 aftermarket pioneer stereos dont plan on changing them for the next 10 or more years unless I upgrade but you can do 3 transfers per radio for 75 dollers so that's actually cheaper

Sirius still does Lifetime Subs ?
Can you Call them and discuss it ? (If I can find someone that speaks English and is capable of doing it)
As long as I can move the Lifetime Sub with me when I get the next new vehicle, which for me may be 5 years or so.

It's actually cheaper to do the lifetime subscription even at 44.06 a month is what I pay for 2 vehicles that's 528 dollers a year if a lifetime is 400 that's a bargain even if you do it per vehicle I have 2 aftermarket pioneer stereos dont plan on changing them for the next 10 or more years unless I upgrade but you can do 3 transfers per radio for 75 dollers so that's actually cheaper
How long ago did you start your Lifetime deal .... They told me they were not available any longer.

Unless they very recently brought it back they ended Lifetime if you did not already have it quite sometime ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)