Sirius on Dish Network sounds bad

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have sirius piped into my home audio system and it sounds bad. It often sounds distorted, liked they turned up the gain too high. It sounds like this on all my receivers, not just the one connected to my home audio. My plug n play kit sounds great hooked up to my home audio. I was just wondering if anybody else has this problem?

I've always thought that they sound better on DISH than they ever have in my car or my wifes car. My car is a gimme, FM relay direct connect, but my wife has an integrated radio, which sounds a lot better than my car, but I always gave the channels on DISH the win. Of course, I am hearing impaired, so what do I know?

At 8am local, Sirius on Dish sounds fine here near Seattle. I got to like it so much (but hated leaving a 52" DLP on to see the titles!) that I just subscribed. I have the Dish 622 and Starmate Replay both plugged into my Sony receiver. I can' tell much difference, perhaps the Starmate sounds a bit better (does anyone know if Dish transmits the full bandwidth?). My car install with FM interface leaves a LOT to be desired, so a new radio with AUX in is now in the works.

At 8am local, Sirius on Dish sounds fine here near Seattle. I got to like it so much (but hated leaving a 52" DLP on to see the titles!) that I just subscribed. I have the Dish 622 and Starmate Replay both plugged into my Sony receiver. I can' tell much difference, perhaps the Starmate sounds a bit better (does anyone know if Dish transmits the full bandwidth?). My car install with FM interface leaves a LOT to be desired, so a new radio with AUX in is now in the works.
I just went with the Aux option on my new Pioneer. Sounds great, enjoy! Oh yeah, I listen to Sirius from Dish alot and it always sounds great, I've never heard any distortion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)