Sirius raising prices!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just called to cancel both my radios with sirius and it went pretty smooth, they offered me another 2 months free. I had called back in dec to cancel and they had given me 2 months credit then also. I wonder how long they can do that.

I say everything in the post based on what I've heard from people in the industry...

Sirius XM is hurting so badly financially that this is one of the only ways right now they can try to stay alive. They are on the brink of dying.

This was one of the last things they wanted to resort to. They are well aware that with this change/increase and the programming changes they made a few months ago with the merger, they may lose a lot of subscribers. But from what I have been told, this is really a last ditch effort to just keep the company going.

I personally got REALLY SCREWED by what their stock did and I think they have made some really bad decisions in the past.

But the past is the past and you have to look towards the future...if you want a satellite radio option, this is it. Please support it.

If it dies, then it's going to be hard if not impossible to get another company to try the same failing venture.

Dish, Directv, and the cable companies raise their base rates every year out of making a profit. Sirius is trying this so they can just be around next year...

So Rob are you saying we should just continue to pay even though most of the reasons for subscribing are now gone and that we should support to poor management at Sirius XM so that they will still have jobs next year?

I want to see Sirius XM survive, but feel it may be too late now. BUt with that said I do believe someone will buy them out. Only that can save satellite radio.

I will be canceling all but one of my radios on March 11th.

I say everything in the post based on what I've heard from people in the industry...

Sirius XM is hurting so badly financially that this is one of the only ways right now they can try to stay alive. They are on the brink of dying.

This was one of the last things they wanted to resort to. They are well aware that with this change/increase and the programming changes they made a few months ago with the merger, they may lose a lot of subscribers. But from what I have been told, this is really a last ditch effort to just keep the company going.

I personally got REALLY SCREWED by what their stock did and I think they have made some really bad decisions in the past.

But the past is the past and you have to look towards the future...if you want a satellite radio option, this is it. Please support it.

If it dies, then it's going to be hard if not impossible to get another company to try the same failing venture.

Dish, Directv, and the cable companies raise their base rates every year out of making a profit. Sirius is trying this so they can just be around next year...

Purhaps they should ask for a bailout. Everyone else is.

Avoid Internet Fees?

Scott,

I called (sounds like a call center in India) and they told me that I would not have to pay the $2.99 per month Internet fee because I had about 2.5 years left on a 3 year plan. She also told me that you could get the lifetime subscription and avoid the Internet fee.

Don't know whether to believe them or not......

Is it true that longer term subscribers may be exempted from the Internet ransom fee until the end of their current subscription?

Scotty (Yes, it is my real name.)

So Rob are you saying we should just continue to pay even though most of the reasons for subscribing are now gone and that we should support to poor management at Sirius XM so that they will still have jobs next year?

I want to see Sirius XM survive, but feel it may be too late now. BUt with that said I do believe someone will buy them out. Only that can save satellite radio.

I know what you are saying Scott, I really do. My experience with this company goes deeper than what I can say here and I know they have made some huge mistakes.

If the reason you subbed is gone, then it totally makes sense to cancel. But if you are cancelling to try to send a message to management, it's going to fall on deaf (and broke) ears.

As for someone buying them out that has some cash flow, I hope that happens if they are to survive. But knowing how the whole media industry (especially radio) is hurting, it's going to be a real longshot.

IMHO I think satellite radio is a flawed technology because it can be replaced very easily. I think it will be totally dead in 5 years. By then, the internet will be available on all of our mobile devices and in our cars. And we will be able to dial up any audio and video stream we will want.

XM can kiss my ass. I bought XM originally just for Opie and Anthony. I even paid the extra $2 for them when they started. Then I discovered all this great music.

Since the merger the music channels have been garbage. I do not want to listen to people talk I want to hear music. Octane is not a replacement for squizz. I started to listen to Faction I think it is and the music is ok but at 3pm they have some crap talk show on that sucks. The only thing that had been keeping me from canceling was Opie and Anthony. However I can not longer justify paying $12.95 +$3 for streaming since thats the only way I have to listen at work just for Opie and Anthony.

The other day I listened to slacker for 4 hours and heard a better selection of music in those 4 hours then I have heard in at least a year on XM. I bought a slacker player off ebay today and after that arrives I'm canceling XM and I'll find another way to listen to Opie and Anthony.

When the free sub in my wife's volvo is up in March I'm canceling her Sirius sub as well. I'm still pissed about the whole not being able to get best of XM on a radio I paid $700 for.

As far as their stock goes I bought a boat load of shares at $0.50 thinking it couldn't possibly go any lower :rolleyes: They should just declare bankruptcy and get it over with already.

Like many American businesses in this screwed up economy, when revenue drops they apply the inverse of the law of supply and demand and raise prices. It is happening everywhere. Then the multi-million dollar per year genius CEOs sit there and try to figure out why they have fewer customers or sell fewer units of their product. The coming economic times are going to be very tough and a lot of businesses will go belly up with a lot of worker bees laid-off. I expect it to continue for quite a while until business management gets a clue.

BTW, I received an MBA with high honors a long time ago, so I'm not exactly ignorant of how business is supposed to work. It should be pretty obvious by now that what businesses are currently doing isn't working.

I received a post card in the mail yesterday telling me that I needed to update the billing information on my account (credit card expiration date on a card) to avoid interruption of service. Why would my service be interrupted? I don't run out until April. It shouldn't need to be renewed until then and I didn't want them to auto-renew me anyway. I don't recall agreeing or opting into automatic renewal or ever being notified about automatic renewal. I have had the service for three years or longer and manually renewed until now. So I say "good," it makes my decision to leave that much easier.

I am NOT going to renew. But they better not cut my service off prior to the renewal date.

XM radio has gone WAY downhill since the merger and elimination of my favorite station. This price increase could not have come at a worse time with my own situation (feelings towards XM and the merger) and the economy the way it is for just about everyone. What are they thinking?

I have two radios and my wife and I occasionally listen to the online version. I am not paying $3 a month for something I may not use for three months and then use a lot for a few days or weeks and then don't use again for a while. At the very least they should give you like 10-20 hours a month free and then charge you $3 a month if you go over that for people that want it when they want it but hardly use it. A-holes!

I'm canceling soon!

I added a 3rd radio to my account in November and was on the fence about the extra $7 at that time. With the loss of streaming and the extra $4 added to my bill I am getting rid of both of the non essential radios. They were activated in my other 2 cars as a convenience so I would not have to drag them back and forth.

Thanks Sirius and XM for effing up a good service...Hoo Hoo Hoo, I invented bankrupting a company, Hoo Hoo Hoo.

I don't listen online. Actually I don't listen to Xm anymore since the merge killed the music. I keep it in 3 cars because my wife listens on her commute.( one radio is in my Dad's car)
For online music I go to I tunes and listen to internet radio.

I don't listen online. Actually I don't listen to Xm anymore since the merge killed the music. I keep it in 3 cars because my wife listens on her commute.( one radio is in my Dad's car)
For online music I go to I tunes and listen to internet radio.

Right.... and there are many of us that seldom listen to it but still do listen to it. I may go weeks or months and not sign onto it, and then I will listen to it while cleaning the desk area or reading the newspaper and use it the next few days and then forget about it for a while and then remember it several months later.

Yes, there are people that listen everyday at work or whatever. $3, not bad for this. There are also people that don't listen at all, ever. Like you. But there are tons of people in the middle that use it occasionally and we are not going to pay $3 for something we may not use again for four months but will use again. They should give you 10-20 hours a month free online and bill beyond that.

This just fuels the fire in the minds of us that were already on the fence about canceling the service when we came up for renewal. This announcement pushed me right over.

Currently it is 20.95 per month for 3 radios. The price change will move it to 25.00 and no online. Will I have to sub for the online or will they just add it to my bill?

Sirius XM Radio Price Increase Complaint

Ok, lets do something about the price increase and complain to the FCC

Listed below is a contact point with the FCC.

If you have a complaint about your service or a service provider, email the complaint to fccinfo@fcc.gov or call 1-888-CALL-FCC.

Let our voices be heard!!!:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts