Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SIRIUS Satellite Radio to Broadcast BBC's Radio 1
Tuesday June 21, 8:00 am ET - Popular U.K. music channel to debut on SIRIUS this summer - Subscribers will hear channel in its entirety

NEW YORK, June 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS Satellite Radio announced today an agreement to broadcast the British Broadcasting Corporation's popular modern music channel Radio 1. The agreement, with BBC Radio International, part of the U.K. broadcaster's commercial arm BBC Worldwide, will bring many Americans their first opportunity to listen to the influential and highly acclaimed radio channel.

BBC Radio 1 will be broadcast with a time-shift on SIRIUS, so that most Americans can enjoy the channel's lineup as it was intended -- with Chris Moyles' Breakfast Show in the morning, Scott Mill's show in the afternoon, and kicking off the weekend with Pete Tong's Friday night Essential Selection. "Radio 1 on SIRIUS will be a unique entertainment offering unmatched in the U.S.," said Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS President of Entertainment and Sports. "It is renowned for its support of up-and-coming British artists, and reflects the enormously vibrant British music scene in its daily programming and special events. SIRIUS subscribers will soon be able to hear Radio 1's cutting-edge music in their cars, homes or other locations."

To read more please visit http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050621/nytu039.html?.v=13

This would have been GREAT in years gone by, but we just lost the ONLY reason (IMO) to listen to Radio 1 recently with the passing of the long serving DJ John Peel (RIP)

Much rather have Radio 2........

I find this hugely exciting since there is some terrific dance music on BBC1, especially Pete Tong's Essential Mix on Saturday Nights! :D

This is great! Only hope that they will not cut the quality of the feed like they do on
some of the other entertainment channels (like NPR, even Disney channel). Maybe it's just the feed itself to Sirius, but I hope that we will hear this in a decent quality.....

Hopefully they didn't spend 500 million on this :D I'll have to check it out. Anyone know when its going to start?

minorthr said:
Hopefully they didn't spend 500 million on this :D I'll have to check it out. Anyone know when its going to start?

I heard on the BBC Radio 1 channel that Sirius will be carrying their broadcast by the middle of July. It was not an official statement, just a comment by the DJ.

Radio 1 was welcoming all the new American/Sirius listeners today. BUT it was not on Sirius. It has to be debuting very soon. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)