Sirius/XM Losing Signal

I talked with Ford Customer Service today and found thier best suggestion was to try a different Dealer ...
I told them its been happening since I bought the truck (2016) .... I told them I wasn't about to give them my vehicle without no clue as to how to fix it .... they would have it a half day at minimum and charge me $500 in labor, regardless of if they were able to fix it or not .... unless the Company was going to pick up the tab.
She didn't like that suggestion.

I will change out the antenna and see if it resolves the situation sometime next week.

Reactions: TheKrell
I did find out (from someone other than Ford) that changing the antenna out is Just the antenna and a piece of like coax (I'm sure its Not coax, but something like it) about a foot or two long,, so it doesn't involve running new cable all the way back to the radio ... so I don't need to pull the panel for the radio, at this point at least.

I've been told that GM had issues where the antenna would get water into it and eventually corrode and that they needed to be replaced.
Haven't see anything like that on Fords as of yet though.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
I was driving to town wanted to hear some xmas music, but it had a very hard time locating a signal constantly going out. BUT on my usual 70' 80' absolutely no problem. Obviously, they have transponders?